Interior lights?

• Member ID:  1
  • Content Count:  244

What's everyone using for interior/under the dash lighting?

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  20
  • Content Count:  100

I don't have any under dash lighting, but I put in a dome light.  I wanted something that had red and white option.  There wasn't a lot to choose from.  The one I got from amazon didn't come with a backing plate of any kind so I had to get a sheet of ABS plastic and make a round plate that would mount to the can am roof.  In the end it worked out pretty good.  The white will light up both the front and back seat pretty good.  The red light just lights the front area but it does preserve my night vision when I need it.  It's the only thing that I wired up that doesn't go through the accessory switch, so it will work even if the key isn't on.

IMG_20190113_115007781_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190113_115002087_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  35
  • Content Count:  7

i added the standard Can Am LED interior light. It works really well and was super easy to install.

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  108
  • Content Count:  13

Hey Mark what is the dial in the top left of your roof? Looks like an integrated slope angle measuring device...? If yes, where did you pick this up from? Keen to get one for myself. 

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  102
  • Content Count:  51

I picked up a led lick n stick light runs off 3 AAA best $10 ever!

• 7 months later...

• Member ID:  242
  • Content Count:  126

That stock Can-Am dome light is the finest light in all of automobilia.  Period.  It’s so bright it can cure glaucoma, crabs, gout - and all manner of disease.  I can turn it on and the guy in the machine behind me can read his map.  You can see it from space.  God said, “Let there be light”, but he must’ve blushed a little when Can-Am came out with their LED interior light for the XT Cab.  I once forgot my beer opener... no worries: I flipped that light on and the cap popped right off.  My tan is beautiful.  Look no further.  

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

I've actually wired my original dome light to door switches. That way when the doors open the light comes on. Problem at first was there was no power when doors were closed. Added a mini switch and another lead. PROBLEM SOLVED.... 

I will have to say though, I've done things to mine that even can am brp said couldn't be done....  Well, I CAN, I DID!!!, AND I MADE IT BETTER THAN STOCK!!!!!! AYE.....

20191123_101753.jpg

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

But as for ambient light, I got two led license plate lights I'll be mounting to my heater box. Plan is to install them with a push on crown nut. That way I can snug them up yet spin them. I'll post pictures tomorrow. I got the lights from my local trailer outfit.