Jay from southwest

Jay760

• Member ID:  801
  • Content Count:  10

New to can am, and new to full cab side by sides. Have rzrs, dirt bikes, but looking for some climate control. Bought a 2021 can am defender max limited hd10,  ordered some 32" bfg's on raceline rhino wheels, stage 4 elka shocks, super atv a arms (wanted hcr, but lead time was anywhere from 8 to 20 weeks). Ordered the the factory full 4 speaker stereo for the unit, I guess it is Jensen? 

Also have yaesu 2980 going in it, Lowrance live 7 gps, rear view camera, and a local fab shop is building a bed rack similar to a razorback just tailored to what I want. 

Trying to figure out mirrors, lights etc. 

Thank you guys!

JD

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

WELL DANG!!!! First off let me welcome you to the forum... lots of great people and great information.... Sounds as if you have built quite the rig... sounds similar to "Bear" my 2019 HD10 XT Cab... as for mirrors??? I went with the OEM mirrors... The sides are a little small, but fold away nicely in the brush and are really a cosmectic thing street legality IMO... The rear view is like a ski boat mirror and again only really use them on the roads. I find myself requiring FORWARD FACING situations are FAR MORE PRESSING off road... 😉

They are nice at night though... seeing your partner you left behind.... LOL and upcoming traffic... 

Now..... Lighting???? There are so many options it really is up to your needs... I  run an array of 2x24", 2x16", 4x8" the 24's pointed fore/aft mounted on roof, the 16's are mounted to the door frames above windows, 2 of the 8's are mounted on the roof pointed askew over the A-pillars  and the other two 8's are mounted on the front bumper centered pointed at same basic angle as A-pillar light above..... with all these on at once I can pretty much light up the local dirt track.... lol... I really like the door lights when it comes time for setting up decoys in the PITCH BLACK!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

and 

WELCOME AGAIN!!!

JOE & BEAR

20200710_150226.jpg

20200510_114444.jpg

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

One thing you WILL have to be aware of is your amperage draw.... I believe you will have an 850 amp output stator (charging system) some of which is needed for the rig to operate properly..... It took me a bit to figure which played nice together.... it was clear sailing from there..... I'm assuming you have already had an auxiliary battery system installed... if not? Think about a group 24 installed where OEM unit would be installed. There should be plenty of room...

Again, WELCOME

• Member ID:  1
  • Content Count:  244

13 hours ago, Jay760 said:

New to can am, and new to full cab side by sides. Have rzrs, dirt bikes, but looking for some climate control. Bought a 2021 can am defender max limited hd10,  ordered some 32" bfg's on raceline rhino wheels, stage 4 elka shocks, super atv a arms (wanted hcr, but lead time was anywhere from 8 to 20 weeks). Ordered the the factory full 4 speaker stereo for the unit, I guess it is Jensen? 

Also have yaesu 2980 going in it, Lowrance live 7 gps, rear view camera, and a local fab shop is building a bed rack similar to a razorback just tailored to what I want. 

Trying to figure out mirrors, lights etc. 

Thank you guys!

JD

Welcome to the forum @Jay760🍻  That's going to be an awesome machine right off the bat.  You are doing it right!!

• Member ID:  801
  • Content Count:  10

Thanks for the kind welcome to the forum.

I have been going over the watts/amp load of each accessory we are bolting on.

2 kc lites, 40 watts for the pair, 2 rigid led work lights on the rear rack, another 30 watts for the pair, 180 watts transmitting use for the yaesu ft-2980 2 way, when receiving,  its under 8 watts consumption.  LOWRANCE GPS is 20 watts, stereo is around 200 watts max power consumption, I believe that's it for aftermarket power. Hopefully with the factory stuff, pcm, fuel pump, gauges, lights, etc, there will still be a little power left as to not overwork the voltage regulator, or the stator. I realize the radio will only be drawing that large chunk of power on transmitting, and the rest of the time will be barely noticeable on current draw. Same with the work lights in the bed, as a matter of fact that will probably be used the most with the vehicle turned off. 

I think I will upgrade the battery before I take it out next week, and atleast have some reserve power sitting there to help the amp draw if I do go over what the stator can pull. 

My turbo rzr pulls all of this stuff, plus a lot more, and keeps up with charging. But that car is ran pretty hard in the upper RPM'S all the time, so it is putting out max charging wattage. I believe I'll be driving this a little more on the conservative side,  with lower RPM'S, and less charging amperage.  

Also found the full HCR suspension last night for it online and ordered it. So will probably have some lightly used super atv front a arms for sale as soon as the HCR stuff comes in. 

I will try to get an update on the car next week, maybe some pics of the rack that fab shop is building. Thanks again! 

JD

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  323
  • Content Count:  50

I really like the seismic pursuit mirrors adapted to work.  I also just got an 15,000 lumen Rigid 10" lightbar for the front bumper.  I too have a 2020 max limited and cannot put a light bar on top the roof if I still want to get it in my enclosed trailer.  The high output Rigid light is comparable to a much larger light bar.  Another consideration is that using a light bar on the roof leads to blinding conditions in blowing snow or sand.  With the light mounted lower it doesn't impede your visibility up close to the windshield.