BC

BC99

Question

• Member ID:  778
  • Content Count:  1

2020 defender pro

does anyone know or have pic of bus bar under dash, looking for accessories power and ground thanks

3 answers to this question

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  691

The electrical changed in 2020 and there is a bus under the front hood panel as well as under the dash:https://can-am-shop.brp.com/off-road/ca/en/shop/sales/parts/  select the year, model for NA front section electrical and you will see a schematic for the different areas hopefully you will find what you need. In the 2019 under the dash and in the cab model under the front liner near the wiper the bus bars have a black plastic piece you pull off and it reveals the nuts that you can tie onto below. Make sure you select "key on" or hot direct from the battery depending on what you are wiring and use a fuse for each item you tie on so that you don't blow the main fuses. There may be some pictures in the builds section from different threads.

In the 2019 and previous the under dash bus was real hard to access if you had the heater option, it is located to the right of the ignition switch behind the two switch panels that you can remove by carefully prying with a flat blade screw driver. A voltmeter will help you find the right terminals.🙂

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

Not sure on a 2020... But on my 19 it was such a PITA that I added a couple of my own in areas I could get to WITHOUT dismantling the entire dash/heater..... I ran a red lead to a bus that was hooked to CONSTANT HOT... And a yellow lead to IGNITION ON lead... I located them in under the steering wheel where parts were missing due to the heater install... now life is EASY!!!