2020 Defender Limited Max air conditioning fails for 2nd time this year.

Toolboy

• Member ID:  323
  • Content Count:  50

Well, after having it in for 2 months for the freon leaking out of it, my 2020 limited now has the flashing triangle of death on the climate display and no more working air conditioning.  Hopefully Can Am will have the part necessary, and hopefully it will not be the same as the part that is failing.  Iowa has a lemon law and this is strike 2 on the air conditioning. One more and Can Am can have this unit back.

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  641
  • Content Count:  2

Mine is a 2021 Defender Max Limited and there no headway on this problem. Mine flashes and my air works but I have no heat.  So the problem goes deeper than the air, it’s the whole climate control system.  And worst yet no one seems to know what the problem actually is.

Ohio has the same lemon law and my son is attorney so I have that card to play.    

• Member ID:  645
  • Content Count:  2

Kevin, I Have put down a deposit with my dealer, a limited defender is my plan, 3 weeks waiting ...   is there a extended warranty??

mitch

• Member ID:  471
  • Content Count:  6

I purchased a defender max limited last spring, the AC has never worked, just a little triangle flashing. My neighbor bought the exact same model, his ac worked for a couple months and quite.

I have been working with the dealer all summer, First they thought sensor, then the seal on compressor was discovered to be bad. Replaced that and it last two weeks and not cooling again.  Took it back and seal out again , so they have been trying to get answers from Can Am before they do any more work. It has been taking forever to get a response back to the dealer from Can Am. It is now late Sept and I have went all summer without AC that I purchased the Limited to get AC. Still waiting for parts or answers from the factory. I been reading that there has been a lots of  problems with Can Ams new AC’s in 2020. They should have a recall but haven’t heard of one yet!

Edited by Dakota

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  740
  • Content Count:  1

Any luck on fixes? We are on our 3rd trip to the dealership 100 miles away. And we are hitting cold weather where it will be hard to test. 

• Member ID:  5
  • Content Count:  274

Wow, I'm glad I saw this thread! I've been thinking about trading my 2019 Lone Star Max in on a new Limited Max or Ranger Northstar so that I could have an enclosed cab with heat and AC. Sounds like I should shy away from the Can Am and go with the Polaris for this feature alone?