Stock lone star wheels with 30” tires

• Member ID:  595
  • Content Count:  1

Tossing around the idea of keeping the stock wheels on a 2020 lone star edition. I’m wanting to put at least put a 30” tire on it. Question I have is has anyone tried to buy two more rear wheels to replace the front skinny wheels? Didn’t know if the offset would be too much and rub or what. I’m wanting to do this so I can rotate the tires if need be and I like the factory wheels on it. Thanks for any input. 

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

Offsets do not allow for the rears to be fronts... You'll need to buy aftermarket rims... Depending on what you want there are MANY OPTIONS

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  691

If your question is can you mount wider tires on the front rims and 30" tires all around, the answer is yes. In the builds section you can check out my thread on using 30x11 Cryptid on the rear and 30 x10 on the front. The 10's are slightly taller than the 11's  and are 29" tall or slightly under. Stock rims and a small lift no rub.☺️

I think he is hoping to be able to buy ONE rear spare to be used anywhere on his rig? If that IS what he was asking, the answer is no.... BUT.... If he is looking to buy ONE wheel/tire as a spare.... A front will do the job on all four corners, while a rear WILL NOT... 

1 minute ago, A hunt 2 remember said:

I think he is hoping to be able to buy ONE rear spare to be used anywhere on his rig? If that IS what he was asking, the answer is no.... BUT.... If he is looking to buy ONE wheel/tire as a spare.... A front will do the job on all four corners, while a rear WILL NOT... 

After re reading OP... Not a spare..... but able to swap around and rotate them..... 

Forgot to add... If you are looking at wheels... as long as you get no deeper than a 5" inset.... you should be good. I went with 5+3 rims (high lifter ss212) with a 32x10x14 tire (SATV AT Warriors) on Bear, and had a slight rub before adding 2" forward A-arms which stopped all rubbing..... But I feel had led to the right CV joint BLOWING..... So would think a 30" tire would fit SUPERBLY!! BUT.... if you have a 2020 they came with the forward A-arms stock from the factory and 32's fit very nice and give that lil' extra GC....

• 9 months later...

• Member ID:  1,092
  • Content Count:  2

On 10/7/2020 at 3:59 PM, A hunt 2 remember said:

Forgot to add... If you are looking at wheels... as long as you get no deeper than a 5" inset.... you should be good. I went with 5+3 rims (high lifter ss212) with a 32x10x14 tire (SATV AT Warriors) on Bear, and had a slight rub before adding 2" forward A-arms which stopped all rubbing..... But I feel had led to the right CV joint BLOWING..... So would think a 30" tire would fit SUPERBLY!! BUT.... if you have a 2020 they came with the forward A-arms stock from the factory and 32's fit very nice and give that lil' extra GC....

Which forward a arm did you go with? I just ordered a 22 Max XT HD8 and I have a set of 32x10x14” Xcomps on system 3 SB-4 beadlocks that came off a friends HD 5 base  (too heavy for the little motor or at least that’s what he thought) and I will need a-arms. Thanks in advance 

2 minutes ago, TxnDefenderMoose said:

Which forward a arm did you go with? I just ordered a 22 Max XT HD8 and I have a set of 32x10x14” Xcomps on system 3 SB-4 beadlocks that came off a friends HD 5 base  (too heavy for the little motor or at least that’s what he thought) and I will need a-arms. Thanks in advance 

Not really sure you will need them. I believe that the 20+ models already have the forward A-arms. I got the SATV HD forward arms... I also have a 2" lift on Bear. Hope that helps...