Factory preinstalled connectors

• Member ID:  11
  • Content Count:  4

Hi I have a 2019 defender I know can am has factory preinstalled connectors for switches I bought and installed the 25$ power level switch very easy I also heard they have light bar connections and winch connectors. Has anyone found or used these?

• Member ID:  5
  • Content Count:  274

I need to look. I believe there is a bus bar underneath the dash that makes it easy to power accessories, but I haven't tapped into it yet. This would be really helpful to know so I will do some research and see if I can find the answer.

• 4 weeks later...

• Member ID:  20
  • Content Count:  100

On the 2018 there is an accessory buss bar in the dash kinda behind where the cigarette lighter is.  Mine came with the winch installed so I'm not sure how they wired it.  I added a lightbar, Sidelights, Backup Lights, Dome Light, and some front bumper red lights.  I added relays, a fuse box and additional switches.  I put the relays and fuse box in the back battery compartment, removed the passenger side floor panels and ran the wire from the relays to the dash switches in the floor.  I powered the switches and in turn the relay trigger wire from the accessory buss bar in the dash so nothing comes on unless the key is on.  I ran all the power up to the lights through the back right roll cage pillar.   Looks pretty clean and has worked well for almost a year now.  Attached are some files with my wiring diagrams and a picture of the relays and fuses in the battery box.  I don't have any photos of the wiring routing but if someone wants them let me know and I can take a few.

fuses and relays.pdf

Canam Light Wiring Diagram.pdf

relay.pdf

• Thanks 1

• Member ID:  1
  • Content Count:  244

Thanks for the information and the diagrams Mark!   I have a sound bar that I'm hoping to get some time to install over the next couple of weeks.  Is there a trick to get better access to the accessory bus?

• Member ID:  20
  • Content Count:  100

Mine is right over the center tray in the dash.  Just look up in there while laying on the floorboard and you'll see it. If you have the factor heater then access may be a real challenge.  Might be easier splicing into the #2 or #6 post on one of the other switches or else you may have to loosen the heater and pull it out far enough to get to the bus bar.

• Member ID:  5
  • Content Count:  274

Thanks for the diagrams, Mark! Those will definitely come in handy when I start hooking up soundbars and accessory lights.