New (old age) guy

Huntschool

• Member ID:  562
  • Content Count:  5

Thought to say hello from Southernmost Illinois (6.5 hours south of the Chicago hell Hole).  New to this SxS stuff and these machines.  I am a 73 year old retired college educator who lives to hunt, fly fish, shoot traditional 3D archery and sporting clays.  I like old hammer SxS shotguns and single shot rifles like Ruger #1's and Browning 1885's.  We shoot with target 22's and squirrel hunt a bit. I also do a bit of muzzle loading shooting and pretty much stick to hand made copies of original guns, all flint.  Some of my other recreation is making shooting bags for the muzzle load thing.  The machine is going to help me do all of this as I have heart failure and COPD.  Cant walk much or near what I once could but I still intend to be out there until I cant.  

This Defender has already proved itself for use around the property.  I am sure my wife will find more uses and excuses to use it.  She is an antique riding an antique Honda 250 Big Red three wheeler.  Scary damn machine.

• Like 4

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

I've had one of them damn Reds drive over me a couple times... Bear has yet to drive over me... and hes warm!! WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

On 8/6/2020 at 10:16 PM, Huntschool said:

Thought to say hello from Southernmost Illinois (6.5 hours south of the Chicago hell Hole).  New to this SxS stuff and these machines.  I am a 73 year old retired college educator who lives to hunt, fly fish, shoot traditional 3D archery and sporting clays.  I like old hammer SxS shotguns and single shot rifles like Ruger #1's and Browning 1885's.  We shoot with target 22's and squirrel hunt a bit. I also do a bit of muzzle loading shooting and pretty much stick to hand made copies of original guns, all flint.  Some of my other recreation is making shooting bags for the muzzle load thing.  The machine is going to help me do all of this as I have heart failure and COPD.  Cant walk much or near what I once could but I still intend to be out there until I cant.  

This Defender has already proved itself for use around the property.  I am sure my wife will find more uses and excuses to use it.  She is an antique riding an antique Honda 250 Big Red three wheeler.  Scary damn machine.

Welcome to the retired club, didn't own a Big Red but rode with some and as the one of the original offroad machines it took you to places you couldn't get to otherwise and made some unplanned stops along the way.😉

• Member ID:  1
  • Content Count:  245

Welcome to the forum @Huntschool - Congrats on the new machine!

• Member ID:  602
  • Content Count:  19

Welcome. I’m new to the forum as well. I have family out in the Shawnee Forest area near Tamms, how far are you from there? 

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  214
  • Content Count:  297

Welcome Huntschool and enjoy that new Defender!  Great to hear all of your shooting hobbies.  Stay safe and healthy up there!

CG

• Member ID:  70
  • Content Count:  80

Welcome Hunt School. Are you the same guy from UJ?