2020 limited AC

Chris1009

• Member ID:  499
  • Content Count:  6

Any updates on the AC issues? Mine not right either. Worked fine for 200 miles then went on long ride on hot day. Had windows down for most of ride then I decided to turn on air. I got the blinking triangle as well. WTF

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

So glad I did NOT go that route.... I WOULD BE HOT!!!!!!(somewhat of a pun intended) Hope BRP comes through quick... Have you heard about bypassing the sensor? There was a thread about that here somewhere... GOOD LUCK!!!

Edited by A hunt 2 remember

• Member ID:  1
  • Content Count:  244

Man, that sucks.  That's a lot of money to have those issues while out riding.  

• Member ID:  480
  • Content Count:  5

Can-am has zero customer support. I have called and sent emails and still dont have a answer on where to take it or who can fix it. It's been a month now and I cant find a dealer that can work on it. The dealer I bought the unit from has been absolutely no help. At this point I want to send it back. This is my first and last BRP product due to customer support. It amazes me that no one can answer simple questions all they say is that it has been escalated or you will have to contact your dealer. So now I'm stuck with a 30000$ sweat box. This is not a weekend toy for me it is a tool I use everyday for work.

Edited by Gobble1975

45 minutes ago, Gobble1975 said:

Can-am has zero customer support. I have called and sent emails and still dont have a answer on where to take it or who can fix it. It's been a month now and I cant find a dealer that can work on it. The dealer I bought the unit from has been absolutely no help. At this point I want to send it back. This is my first and last BRP product due to customer support. It amazes me that no one can answer simple questions all they say is that it has been escalated or you will have to contact your dealer. So now I'm stuck with a 30000$ sweat box. This is not a weekend toy for me it is a tool I use everyday for work.

I will have to say, I FEEL YOUR PAIN!! Luckily I've owned all brands of quads and NONE have a TRUE customer SUPPORT TEAM!! Hence the reason I've ordered a REAL CanAm service manual and a BUDS unit... Now to find a true BRP parts guy... But I think with my BUDS unit I will gain access to BRP parts with the licensing... I may be wrong... but that is what it is sounding like... hoping to get call from Austria later tomorrow night... (considering that will be Monday morning in Austria) 

Which issue are you having... Gobble..... Have you tried bypassing the sensor?

A/C quit working with 5 hours on the unit. Cab is leaking water into floor board under dash when raining. Drivers rear door will not open from the outside. I have a yamaha viking, and a ranger as well. This is my first BRP product and to say I'm disappointed is a understatement. All of the dealers I have contacted with in a 200 mile radius around me have "no one qualified" to work on the hvac system.

I have not jumped around the sensor yet but will this afternoon.

1 hour ago, Gobble1975 said:

A/C quit working with 5 hours on the unit. Cab is leaking water into floor board under dash when raining. Drivers rear door will not open from the outside. I have a yamaha viking, and a ranger as well. This is my first BRP product and to say I'm disappointed is a understatement. All of the dealers I have contacted with in a 200 mile radius around me have "no one qualified" to work on the hvac system.

Unfortunately the downside to a NEW FEATURE... I wonder if a HVAC contractor might have an idea??? Unless it is a leaking problem, most of the rest of the system is basic refrigeration. Now the wiring aspect of it may be a bit tricky, but would think any wiring it would entail would be readily available. Just trying to think outside the box.... What little I do know, ( by installing 3 mini split AC/HEAT units) is that the pressure/gas in the system is CRUCIAL to the units performance. Mini splits would lock up... I would reset the system only to have them lock up and shutdown again.... just a FINE ADJUSTMENT and it was GAME ON!!! I'm lucky in that I have a buddy that builds/maintains warehouse sized refrigeration units.... I will run by your symptons ( just let me know what they are)  and I'll see if he has any ideas....

Okay..... so here's what I got for everybody.... 

As I thought.... An AC is an AC is an AC!!!! Point being.... there are only so many ways to configure one.... BUT!!! They ALL HAVE 3 KEY components... Which create heat to make cold.... and then have to cool the system back down so it can continuously do this... So, that being said... there will be a fan/cooling unit (probably under the front plastic with the radiator) a pump/compressor of some sort...(electric I would assume) and an evaporator inside the cab. Most likely the system will be filled with (134A) gas which while running (the pump) should read 30 on the suction and 150 on the discharge lines... if they read different than that, there is a MULTITUDE of effects as per readings.... but if your system holds gas then it should be fixable..... could be (like my mini split issue) that your heat load is more than the pump has gas to cool.... 

My buddy also said that taking to most any automotive shop that works on AC's could possibly have a clue. My thought is actually a home HVAC contractor... explained below..

While not having one or even one to look at.... I can only think the only real difference between my home mini split and these units are the scale.... and that they are powered via 12v... other than that there really isn't much difference... 

Unfortunately it may require a BUDS to read the actual code/s it is sending.... unless you get an actual code displayed along with that NASTY TRIANGLE!!!

😉

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  323
  • Content Count:  50

Now that I have mine back after 2 months in the shop, the air works and an added benefit is the fan stays on continuous which keeps the motor below 187 even when its 94 F and high humidity.  

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  323
  • Content Count:  50

Mine crapped out like yours with the flashing triangle today.  Off to the shop till Thanksgiving I fear.