Let's talk brakes.....

A hunt 2 remember

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

So, as I'm pretty sure there are others out there sick of SQUEALING PADS..... It's time to rid the SQUEAL.... Was wondering what others experiences were.... 

Ready........GO!!!

• Like 1

• Member ID:  298
  • Content Count:  107

I thought I had the answer a few months back, but the brake squeal has come back to haunt me. I put on a set of race driven pads. Loved them at first, but after a few rides it was right back to where I was in the beginning. In the fine dust and silt that we have here in Arizona, it makes the brakes sound awful. All my buddies out here have Polaris machines and they seem to be quiet.

Has anyone tried the EBC brakes? I emailed the guy that owns Swampdog Offroad. He makes all brass pads and here was his response. Super good guy by the way, he was extremely helpful. For any of you guys that are mud riders, check him out.

B5583F45-AA74-427D-AF46-CC3DBFF7D3BD.jpeg

• Like 1

Decided to give the EBC carbon X brakes a shot. I couldn’t take the squeak anymore. I’ll be the first to admit, I thought the race driven pads were the answer. After the first ride, I was wrong. They were almost as bad as the factory pads. I know the riding conditions with the fine dust out here in Arizona don’t do brakes any favors in the “quiet” department, but damn. These things are awful. When the machine is washed and clean the race driven ones were at least tolerable. Keeping my fingers crossed that these EBC pads are the answer. I have a nice dusty trip planned over 4th of July weekend coming up and I’ll report back! After the initial test drive after install they seem to be super quiet! 

731A178E-8876-4EF5-8029-1E7B5F4346A5.jpeg

7E0504A2-37A5-462F-B494-F4C796CDE71B.jpeg

• Like 2

• Member ID:  166
  • Content Count:  171

Ya the brake squeak is getting to me also. I’m thinking of just cutting holes in the floor like the  Fred flintstones car so I can just dig my heals into the dirt. 

1 hour ago, Hkb82 said:

Ya the brake squeak is getting to me also. I’m thinking of just cutting holes in the floor like the  Fred flintstones car so I can just dig my heals into the dirt. 

Until I double sealed all my gaskets it was like I was in an open cab anyway.  But now I sit and wait for my BUDS unit. Hopefully when it arrives I can get Bear back to the drag strip rather than a counterclockwise circle track.... maybe even a couple more ponies...

Not sure what this has to do with break squeal but hope you get it fixed and running strait again. 

It actually went full circle... from the brakes... to finding out the steering was creating an issue.... not a caliper dragging... your cutting a hole in the floorboard just brought back flashes of the dust clouds INSIDE the cab before I sealed Bear all up... and I was responding to a different post... lol... 🙂

But back to your Flintstones idea... probably gonna hear a WHOLE LOT MORE THAN SQUEALING when you go to anchor the skids.... LMAO....

Edited by A hunt 2 remember

Maybe the right bearing needs greased. Lol I had too 

My break is due is due to me living in a pure sandy area. The kids get sand inside my house in the winter is so sandy. And I get a few feet of snow each year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to report back that this is an official fix! For me at least. Riding conditions couldn’t have been any dustier than they were this past weekend in the white mountains here in Arizona. We are getting a late start to monsoon rains this year in the desert. The old brakes would have been screeching and screaming within a few minutes of riding. An entire weekend of riding passed and I only heard them a few times (very brief) when applying the brakes. We will see how the longevity is over time. Hopefully they hold up well. Anyway, I know a few of you were interested to see how these pads worked out, we have a winner!! Hope you all have the same results!! Happy riding and stay safe out there.

Edited by pmbaseball24
  • Like 1

Nice that you got it quiet now and thanks for the feedback 

• 1 year later...

• Member ID:  1,030
  • Content Count:  47

Anybody have a answer to this question? Getting ready to change mine out. I could take it apart and put it back together to find out but hey figured I’d ask.

0176CA4E-3ED6-4940-9C13-40DB8F84080F.jpeg