2020 Max HD8 Base Storage

JDennis44

• Member ID:  420
  • Content Count:  2

Afternoon Gents,

Do y'all know if the base HD8 comes with the 2 under dash open storage compartments or if it's an add on? I can't seem to find any pictures of the interior of these on line.

• Member ID:  360
  • Content Count:  1

Just bought a base 2020 HD8. Yes, the open storage cubbies are there.  You have to buy the net kit to hold stuff in.

The only watertight storage that comes with the base model is the glove box.

• Member ID:  420
  • Content Count:  2

Thanks. I picked ours up a few weeks ago and I don't even have the compartments. was wondering if I should call the dealer or if it was normal.

• Member ID:  450
  • Content Count:  1

I purchased an HD8 Max base about a month ago and they did NOT include the open storage compartments.  In the manual I have they are shown so I gave my dealer a call and was told they are optional even though the manual shows them as standard.

Edited by aj_tx

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

Don't even get me started on their FALSE ADVERTISING TACTICS.... Bought a 400 cargo box for the back of my outlander. Claim was it is water proof box ...... I get the box and it doesn't have the actual top and side trim pieces.... So there are like 10 holes in the lid that the top screws to that.... OH WAIT... Forgot to mention..... the covers were another 50.... WTF??? One of the CHEAPEST outfits I've had the pleasure to deal with.... And helpful? NOT!!! Your first point of contact is your dealer.... UMM..... I KNOW MORE THAN THE DEALERSHIP BOZOS!!! BUT I LOVE MY BEAR!!! So I continue build him, BREAK HIM, AND BUILD HIM EVEN BADDER THAN HE WAS!!!! Luckily, I have the technology to rebuild him!!! And the AFTERMARKET allows me to PUMP HIM UP!!! I've done a great deal to him already.... but have ONLY BEGUN!! 

So, I understand the frustration.... but know this..... IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER... Bite the bullet and move forward. Because if the open cargo gets you sliding sideways..... When your window switch goes out you'll be headed downhill backwards.....  😉

20200510_114444.jpg

• Member ID:  166
  • Content Count:  171

Just wondering how mounting those lights above the doors worked out when closing? Any movement? I like the look but feel they might get snagged on branches a lot where I ride. Also wondering if you are you out of rocker switch locations in that rig and if so where have you chosen to locate additional ones. 
Your bear is a sweet looking rig

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hkb82 said:

Just wondering how mounting those lights above the doors worked out when closing? Any movement? I like the look but feel they might get snagged on branches a lot where I ride. Also wondering if you are you out of rocker switch locations in that rig and if so where have you chosen to locate additional ones. 
Your bear is a sweet looking rig

I run Bear where bears go.... I've never had issues with any of the lights snagging and I BUSH BEAR my way through VERY TIGHT trails. Sometimes not even trails... 😉

As for the rockers..... I added them in a plate I custom made where the stereo was set to go. As for the light ON THE DOORS. They actually are the same length as the upper door bolts. So really, all I did was bolt them down with them..... well, then how are the wires run then, you may be asking.... Well, I don't do anything HALF @$$ed so what i did was got some tranny plugs from NAPA... (part # 704 1949) which is actually how I mounted them all... well, not mounted... but ran the wiring through. It was a challenge, but not TOO CRAZY!!! First off you need to shave down the plugs... (or cut and hardwire) so they go through the rubber plug. That you need to drill a 1/4" hole in.... (that will close up) then heat up the plug in hot water to make pliable the get some soap and some sockets to STRETCH IT OUT.... and put the plug through.... TIGHTER THAN A DUCKS BUTT!!! I also added door switches to the dome light so it comes on when the doors are opened... BUT..... then you need to add a micro switch to the light so you can make so they DON'T come on... One thing to keep in mind is your amperage...... I am over the cap of my stator with everything I have running..... but have found that I really only use the OEM lighting when driving in town... Easier to shut things down when oncoming rigs show up... Other than that.... OBSOLETE!!! Tried to upload a picture of my panel.... but stormy today in the woods... but as far as it goes... my front 3 (forward and pillar lights) are down as if forward... the sides are pretty easy to figure.... and the rear is up.... that way i keep them square in my head... as for the bumper two.... (headlights) (pointed to imaginary  roadlines) are down by the headlight switch... Keep in mind I also have an auxiliary battery setup installed.... pm me and ill give you my number and we can chat....

@Hkb82 if you look at my post is it raining outside.... you can see the panel as well as the door switches and some of the wiring I've done