Barry

Barry

• Member ID:  419
  • Content Count:  1

Any ways to quiet the engine noise

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

You can see my post under defender builds sound and insulation, I didn't think it was much of an improvement. There were some posts A hunt to remember and another member who felt that there was an improvement in reducing noise in the cab models.🙂

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

25 minutes ago, Andystoy19 said:

You can see my post under defender builds sound and insulation, I didn't think it was much of an improvement. There were some posts A hunt to remember and another member who felt that there was an improvement in reducing noise in the cab models.🙂

Although it's not a first class quiet ride, it did help. I added a 1/2" sticky back foam to the rear firewall of the cab as well as a rubber floor mat that resembles a horse trailer mat. I also added the foam to the roof. It also helps keep in the heat. I found the foam on Amazon. And by the way, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!! One other thing i did to help the dust... I added some window/door insulation to double the door seals as well as the windshield and rear window and any other gaps that could use filling.ll.