eco/normal/work mode switch 2019 vs 2020

• Member ID:  404
  • Content Count:  3

I have a project I am working and maybe some of you can help me out.  I have a 2020 Defender X Mossy Oak edition.  It is somewhere between an XT, XT-P and X-mr.  It has the regular 2020 XT speedometer (4.7") screen but the winch, skid plates, rock rails and  stiffer shocks and springs of the X-mr .  I want to either install the eco/normal/work switch or replace the cluster with the X-mr speedo and key pad.  All the wiring is there for the keypad and I assume the speedo is plug and play.  before I go this route, there is an extra plug under the dash that I assume would be used for the eco/normal/work switch but the pin outs are different then the switch I bought.  So...is the 2020 pin outs different than previous years for this switch.  Can someone who has a 2019 or older with the eco/normal/work switch take a picture of the wire harness and post it here?  

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

The shop manual shows the following: pin 1 brown/green wire, pin 2 Ground or black wire, pin 3 brown/gray. If you have a plug that contains 3 wires described that should be the correct group that connects to the switch on the dash?

I read somewhere that if you replace the speedo clutster you may need to go back to the dealer for them to initialize the clutster to your machine using "Buds", their diagnostic system?🙂

• Member ID:  364
  • Content Count:  36

On 4/22/2020 at 10:31 PM, pepatrick said:

I have a project I am working and maybe some of you can help me out.  I have a 2020 Defender X Mossy Oak edition.  It is somewhere between an XT, XT-P and X-mr.  It has the regular 2020 XT speedometer (4.7") screen but the winch, skid plates, rock rails and  stiffer shocks and springs of the X-mr .  I want to either install the eco/normal/work switch or replace the cluster with the X-mr speedo and key pad.  All the wiring is there for the keypad and I assume the speedo is plug and play.  before I go this route, there is an extra plug under the dash that I assume would be used for the eco/normal/work switch but the pin outs are different then the switch I bought.  So...is the 2020 pin outs different than previous years for this switch.  Can someone who has a 2019 or older with the eco/normal/work switch take a picture of the wire harness and post it here?  

So does your X Model not have the Soft Touch Mode Switch for Work Mode, ECO Off ECO On?

• Member ID:  404
  • Content Count:  3

It does..The dealer is a new Can-Am dealer and I guess they overlooked showing that to me.  Other than that the dealer did a great job.  

• Like 1