Kanati Terra Master Tires

Dragoon

• Member ID:  5
  • Content Count:  274

Does anyone have any experience with the Kanati Terra Master tires? I really like the looks of them and I think they would ride better than the stock Big Horns? They don't make staggered sizes in the Terra Masters like the stock set up, but I assume I could just run the 30x10.00R15 all the way around on the stock wheels?

terra_master_2.crpped-for-web.png

THE INDUSTRY'S FIRST UTV TIRE WITH AN ASYMMETRICAL NON-DIRECTIONAL TREAD PATTERN HAS ARRIVED! THE KANATI TERRA MASTER'S SPECIALLY DESIGNED TREAD PATTERN GIVES YOU THE BENEFITS OF TWO TIRES IN ONE. WITH TWO DISTINCTIVE SIDES TO CHOOSE FROM, YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE YOUR TIRE SETUP TO BEST SUIT YOUR VEHICLE APPLICATION, AND YOUR DRIVING STYLE.

• ASYMMETRICAL TREAD PATTERN FOR DUAL PERFORMANCE BENEFITS
  • NON-DIRECTIONAL DESIGN FOR EXCELLENT RESPONSIVENESS IN ANY DIRECTION
  • STEEL BELTED RADIAL DESIGN FOR STRONGER CORE AND GREATER WEAR RESISTANCE
  • SOLID 10-PLY RATED CONSTRUCTION
  • MEETS AND EXCEEDS DOT STANDARDS

FEATURES

Customizable Set-up: Multiple rotation and layouts allow for customized setups for enhanced acceleration, braking, cornering and handling capabilities.

10 Ply Rated Construction: Designed for greater durability and handling the load capacity requirements of today's UTV's.

Advanced Siping: For increased biting edges for maximum traction control and predictable performance in hard pack terrain.

Steel Belted Radial Design For a stronger core and greater puncture resistance, without the extra weight.

http://www.kanatitires.com/products/utv-tires/terra-master/#.W_2EtxNKhqc

• Member ID:  1
  • Content Count:  244

That looks like a solid choice to replace the stock Bighorns.  I like the fact they are DOT approved and 10 ply. My main worry would be the weight difference between the stock tires and those and the amount of power it would rob.  According the the website the 30" tires are 35.4 pounds.  

Kanati Terra Master - Features and Benefits

• Member ID:  5
  • Content Count:  274

I would be curious to see the weight difference versus the Bighorns, but they are a 2'' taller tire so any 30'' tire is going to be quite a bit heavier to begin with. 

I believe the stock Bighorns 2.0 are around 28 pounds per tire.  So, roughly 7 pounds per tire difference?

• 9 months later...

• Member ID:  216
  • Content Count:  1

I work my defender everyday in the desert of SW Texas and Mesquite thorns are a real problem with the factory Bighorns. Does anybody know or have experience with the 8 or 10 ply DOT tires and do they make a noticeable difference in punctures? I'd like to go a to 30" tire but am concerned about the weight and performance. Any thoughts appreciated.

• Member ID:  20
  • Content Count:  100

I have the same issue.  My deer Lease is near Ozona.  I use Quadboss tire sealant in all the tires and it's been 100% effective to date but I'm not sure how much more those tires will take.  When they finally wear out I'm thinking of trying the goldspeed spartans.  They are 12 ply and stiff enough to run flat.  $935 for all 4 replacement tires.  https://www.goldspeedproducts.com/gps-rp-utv-run-flat/660-gps-rp-spartan-29x9x14-29x11x14-run-flat-tires.html.  My brother has kevlar tires on his polaris and he got a flat and had to start using the quadboss sealant also, so if the thorns go through the kevlar they'll probably go through anything.

IMG_20190127_162249459_TOP.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  214
  • Content Count:  297

Any issues with rubbing with 2” taller tires without a lift?