• Content Count:  107

Ram Wireless charger added.

4F5B24E7-3301-4953-A14C-6A717055104D.jpeg

188B58F8-2CD3-44FE-83BE-8A697D15D639.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Member ID:  525
  • Content Count:  1

Really like your shifter gate. Is that custom?

• 4 months later...

• Member ID:  779
  • Content Count:  2

@pmbaseball24 - new to the forum as we are planning to order our Lone Star this Spring. Your setup is probably one of the best I've seen! Quick question on the tires, did the 30x10x14's clear without any rubbing or issues? Thanks for the help!

• Member ID:  298

54 minutes ago, TMiller9280 said:

@pmbaseball24 - new to the forum as we are planning to order our Lone Star this Spring. Your setup is probably one of the best I've seen! Quick question on the tires, did the 30x10x14's clear without any rubbing or issues? Thanks for the help!

Thank you! Been a while since I have been on here. Yes, the tires clear with no rubbing at all.  Let me know if you have any other questions!

• Thanks 1

• Member ID:  792
  • Content Count:  2

Nice setup.  I just picked up my 2021 Max Lone Star in Casa Grand this weekend.  How do you like the Can Am sound system?

• 2 weeks later...

Quick build update!

Added the factory half doors this weekend. What a royal pain in the a$$ this was. Haha. Granted, my first door job ever. Still had trouble getting everything to line up correctly and gap/seal right. I know there was a part number update to these doors for the 2020 model year. Both front doors went on fairly smooth. Everything lined up good. The rear doors, not so much. This door kit has an metal piece that runs up the rear of each door and has a hinge up high that mounts to the top of the cage. On the rear doors, if the door was square in the opening, the metal bracket wasn’t. If I squared up the metal bracket with the cage, the door wasn’t square in the opening. Took a little extra “engineering” and tweaking, but it’s all done! 

I want to give a big shout out to the guys at adrenaline motor sports in casa grande. This is where we purchased our defender new last year. We live in tucson which is about an hour and a half from the dealership. 

John, the parts manager took good care of us when we bought and picked up the doors last weekend.  I didn’t get around to installing them until this weekend. When I opened the box on Friday I noticed that some parts had some defects on the powder coating, etc. called John on Saturday and he said no worries, just figure out what replacements you need, bring them up with you and we will open another door kit and just swap them out. So much easier than having to pack up all the stuff and swap out the whole kit. A little inconvenient driving up there, but John’s approach to this was awesome and very helpful. Took a few bad parts up, met the guys at the warehouse to swap them out, and back home I went. These guys have been great to work with since day one. Can’t speak any higher of them on customer service. As you all know, having a good dealership that provides you service and support after the sale goes a long way. 

On to the pictures!!

Happy holidays to you all!

DCD4B3E5-5B85-429F-87DB-70AECF33C903.jpeg

B91FAE65-8A35-4117-BF41-191C47813CB3.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Added a full size spare. I went with the Hornet mount and it’s pretty solid! Added a strap on the bottom to add some stability to the setup. 

364B19A2-2DA0-41B3-AE2E-4216D0E54955.jpeg

038A8B22-6556-4EE3-A0E8-E0BBC17C2CEF.jpeg

DE90386C-0677-4A86-9416-875B5474ED76.jpeg

• Member ID:  5
  • Content Count:  274

Looks awesome, great job!

• 4 weeks later...

Added an odyssey pc1200 battery! Posted about the install on another thread. 

6F9C221D-04E2-4BFC-BD16-C6FF16E65F15.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  886
  • Content Count:  7

On 12/3/2020 at 8:45 AM, pmbaseball24 said:

Thank you! Been a while since I have been on here. Yes, the tires clear with no rubbing at all.  Let me know if you have any other questions!

Yeah this is great content. Sweet setup by the way- hands down best one I’ve come across. I have a Lonestar on order and should be here in March. I am looking to do pretty much same tire and wheel set up. Haha the only thing I’m nervous about is ensuring that the rear wheels/tires align with the front wheels/fires. I’m guessing the 1” spacer is the solution?

Thanks Jason! It’s been a lot of fun building it to this point. Wheel and tire setup I’m running have been very impressive. I would recommend this combo to anyone. I run them at 8psi. Yes, the 1” rear spacer got my wheels as close as possible to the same width.

Best of luck when you get your new machine!! I bet March can’t come soon enough for ya! If you have any questions, let me know.

15 minutes ago, pmbaseball24 said:

Thanks Jason! It’s been a lot of fun building it to this point. Wheel and tire setup I’m running have been very impressive. I would recommend this combo to anyone. I run them at 8psi. Yes, the 1” rear spacer got my wheels as close as possible to the same width.

Best of luck when you get your new machine!! I bet March can’t come soon enough for ya! If you have any questions, let me know.

Yeah your exactly right! Sold my commander back in September knowing we needed a rig with more seats... it’s been a lonely 6 months. Haha with the 5-2 offset, what’s the total width? We’ve got a few trails here in Utah with posts buried in the ground to limit wide vehicles like trucks and jeeps.

Just measured it... 68” front and rear. Maybe add an inch or so to both sides for tire sidewall bulge. I would say no more than 70” true overall width.

Just now, pmbaseball24 said:

Just measured it... 68” front and rear. Maybe add an inch or so to both sides for tire sidewall bulge. I would say no more than 70” true overall width.

Sweet! That will be perfect!

I was considering the System 3 RT320 tires or the CST Apache on the System 3 SB4 bronze wheels with 4-3 offset. Haven’t seen them in a 5-2. Did you pick up OEM spacers for the rear?

Did you run the Corbin lights yourself or have a dealership do it? I’d like to learn, and save some money, but don’t wanna screw it up.

031BB9D0-58A2-4436-B73D-BD89FBEC74D5.png

Good looking combo you have picked out!

I didn’t know can am had factory spacers. I used the rocktrix brand. Found them on Amazon.

I did all my modifications by myself. The Corbin setup was pretty easy. I’d say it was a 2 or 3 on the 1-10 scale of difficulty. Pop the dash cluster out. Removed the two floor panels in the middle of the cab that cover the coolant lines and wiring running to the rear and just start fishing it through. You basically remove most of the factory wire harness and just follow the same path for the Corbin kit. One word of advise... lay it all out on the floor before you start to make sure you have the right direction and right lengths running to the correct lights. For example, the rear tail lights run along the rear passenger side upper frame rail. The one running to the rear passenger brake light has a shorter pigtail than the one cutting across to the driver side. Seems like common sense, but I ran these wires and somehow had them reversed. 

92709423-EC49-4752-AECC-77403953686E.png

Edited by pmbaseball24