Defender XT Cab HD10 - Light Bar Install

ike_6309

• Member ID:  297
  • Content Count:  2

I recently purchased an LED light bar for my Defender XT Cab HD10 from Rough Country.  Has anyone with a cab on their defender installed an LED light bar before?  I am just curious as to where I run the wiring from the light bar down into the switch panel with the full cab being on?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

Hi Ike, I think there is am explanation for the whole process in my thread under Defender builds, you can keep all your wiring up top and put the switch in the roof panel, last post has a picture of what that looks like, good luck with the project.😉

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

On 12/13/2019 at 2:26 PM, Andystoy19 said:

Hi Ike, I think there is am explanation for the whole process in my thread under Defender builds, you can keep all your wiring up top and put the switch in the roof panel, last post has a picture of what that looks like, good luck with the project.😉

Wish I had known there was an upper junction before I ran a hot lead up top. Other than what I added was hot 100% of the time, no accessory switch needed. Nice for when I added the door switches for the dome light. Now when my doors come open the dome light comes on.... NO FUMBLING IN THE DARK!!! I also used a tranny plug for my wiring through the roof rather than running it under and through the roof gasket... VERY CLEAN INSTALL....

20191209_145013.jpg