Boss V Plow doesnt fit

Snowtower2

• Member ID:  275
  • Content Count:  13

FYI -
Well I spent all day installing the 78" Boss V plow today only to discover the during the final step that the bitch dont fit with the 2020 redesigned Can Am front bumpers. It hits the bumper prior to getting to the top pin location when you push the carriage back.

I had called Boss a few weeks back to verify if everthing would fit and they said that it would work fine. I'm pissed that I either have to wait for a fix from them or weld up a 1" extension to make it clear ok.
Snows a coming...

I will be calling Boss first thing Monday am

20191123_205939.jpg

Edited by Snowtower2

• Member ID:  171
  • Content Count:  55

That sucks, I had to wait for Western to release the mount setup for my 19" before I could buy it, but it fits and works well.

What tires are on your machine? may look  at something like that when I need to replace.

The tires are 30" x 10 "  BFG KM3's.

I like them so far, they are much quieter and produce less vibration than the stock ones. 

I only have 50 miles on the machine so time will tell.

• 1 year later...

• Member ID:  838
  • Content Count:  3

What was the outcome of this? I’m considering a boss v plow for my new 2021 defender limited. 

37 minutes ago, Lange said:

What was the outcome of this? I’m considering a boss v plow for my new 2021 defender limited. 

I had to make custom brackets for the plow myself. Boss would not supply me any brackets in time for the plowing season.  Their design team told me they had no fix for it and it would be months before they would have a solution. = shitty!

With the 30" tires and KM3 springs you will need to push the plow forward approx 2" and lower it approx 2".  If you dont lower it the pitch of the plow doesn't work correctly when you angle the plow in and out. The same effect would occur with any v plow setup if you ran it with tracks.

Otherwise I love the plow, and it functions great. If you can afford a v plow I would suggest not going with a straight blade. You can plow faster and push the snow easier with the V.

20191128_092631.thumb.jpg.7427ac28cfa9bd85d7afdad4d3fe03b5.jpg

• Like 2

Great thanks. The boss plow dealer i'm working with said he's installed a few v plows on new hd10 limiteds so i was suprised to see this. If i stick with stock wheels and springs you think the fit may be better? 

Yes, I personally gave the Boss's engineer the specs, pictures, and the offsets that they needed to change... That change Im sure occured last spring sometime. They couldn't supply me the revised parts in time because of what they called "testing". I had to make my own to be able to plow since I wasn't going to wait around. Lowering it was required as well so I'm glad I did.

I ran my plow setup with the stock springs at max last year. This year I went with the heavier springs and its much nicer now. The front dont drop 3+" when you lift it anymore The plow is HEAVY I wouldnt even want to run stock tires with it myself. When you have it all the way in scoop mode vrs V mode the mounting height comes into play.

Edited by Snowtower2

Thanks for the info. I understand why the heavier springs would make a difference but why not use stock tires?

• Member ID:  338
  • Content Count:  265

Stock tires are only 6 ply, low load rating and soft side walls, they will bulge a lot with too much weight

• Like 1