2020 Can-am Defender Limited HD10 w/HVAC is here!

supersix

• Member ID:  1
  • Content Count:  244

Defender-Limited-24_SM.thumb.jpg.5eb5586dcc6cd3e6ff6030a743a9994e.jpg

The Defender Limited HD10 package, is available with the Rotax HD10 engine, includes a fully enclosed Cab system with HVAC system. Along with full-seal cab, the onboard, factory-installed Cab kit includes an updated integrated heat management system, air conditioning and an industry-exclusive automatic mode. The auto mode regulates temperatures by operating the heater, A/C and airflow jointly. It is capable, without manual adjustment, of modulating power output of the airflow once the desired interior temperature is met. An onboard compressor improves fuel efficiency while also stabilizing ambient temps and decreasing horsepower loss.

724682766_DefenderLimited_Controlunit.thumb.jpg.ca2088cdd2dce9fb0af5222e8ddc2565.jpg

HVAC system
The factory-installed, integrated HVAC system keeps occupants warm even on the coldest morning and cool and comfortable on the hottest summer day. For climate control, you can select from three different modes: Heat, air conditioning and industry-exclusive automatic mode. Auto allows for temperature regulation, without manual adjustments, by operating the heater, A/C and airflow jointly modulating power output once a desired temperature is reached. A variable compressor allows more cooling capacity at idle, improves fuel efficiency and also decreases hp loss when A/C is not needed.

HVAC and more perfectly sealed cabin ensure a dust-free environment to enhance air quality. Relocated air vents provide maximum cooling and heating efficiency. Eight vents (4 front, 2 lower feet and 2 front window) ensure proper airflow. The system also re-circulates air, automatically introducing fresh air, to maintain ambient air temperature and minimize humidity. Similar to automotive designs, an easy-access cabin air filter can be replaced.

2076153204_DefenderLimited_CabInterior.thumb.jpg.849b3f5ab0f4609a34eeec7fdb5f846f.jpg

Full hard roof with liner and dome light

A durable, heavy-duty plastic roof with an integrated liner protects the occupants from elements while giving the Defender units a custom appearance and unbeatable fit-and-finish. A standard dome light helps illuminate the cab during low-light situations.

Full doors with electric opening windows

The Can-am Defender Limited HD10 features full black doors to enclose the occupants within the cab. The comfortable and spacious cabin also offers the occupants protection from the elements and, with an integrated heater, warmth in cool regions. The durable doors have modern, electronic-opening windows for added convenience.

Full-glass, tilt-up windshield with wiper and washer kit & rear glass

The full, high-grade glass windshield is durable and scratch resistant. It also includes a wiper and washer kit with a 0.4-Gal. (1.9 L) reservoir for improved visibility in wet weather or muddy conditions. The windshield can also be tilted up (three positions) and outward to increase airflow to the occupants during mild conditions. The switch allowing for opening and tilting the front window was enhanced for increased reliability. This package now features a fixed rear window.

Premium color options

The Defender Limited HD10 is available in stylish Hyper Silver color scheme and the industry-exclusive Mossy Oak Break-Up Country camo. The highly durable water-dipped camo finish, exclusive to Can-Am, is more resistant to scratching, mineral deposits and sun fading. More importantly, it lets hunters match their favorite camo manufacturer with their favorite side-by-side vehicle brand.

Limited Package Features

• -  83-in. (211.5 cm) wheelbase
  • -  12-in. (30.5 cm) of ground clearance
  • -  Dynamic Power Steering (DPS)
  • -  ECOTM / ECOTM Off / Work modes
  • -  2,500-lbs. (1,134 kg) towing capacity
  • -  1,200-lbs. (544 kg) payload capacity
  • -  12.7-Gal. (48.1 L) storage capacity
  • -  Multi-function cargo box with LinQ system
  • -  27-in. (68.6 cm) MaxxisBighorn 2.0
  • -  Rear differential with Turf mode
  • -  67-in. (170 cm) wide with Arched A-arm
  • -  LED Signature
  • -  Visco-Lok QE front differential
  • -  14-in. (35.6 cm) cast-aluminum wheels
  • -  VERSA-PRO bench seat with reinforced Limited package seat skin and adjustable driver seat
  • -  HMWPE full skid plate
  • -  4,500-lbs. (2,014 kg) winch
  • -  XT front bumper
  • -  Full hard roof with liner and interior dome light
  • -  Fullcabenclosurewithfullglasswindshield,wiper/washerkit,fulldoorswithelectricwindowsandrearglass
  • -  Auto heating and air conditioning (HVAC) climate system
  • -  A/C with variable compressor
  • -  Automatic mode
  • -  7.6-in. (19.3 cm) digital display with keypad
  • -  Brake holding mechanism
  • -  850-W magneto
  • -  Limited edition seating / badging
  • -  1-year maintenance free and easy access to key maintenance components
  • -  Mossy OakBreak-Up Country Camowater-dipped option

2020-defender-max-with-hvac.png.abf2240b26032bdb48283bf068fe11f5.png

CAN-AM DEFENDER MAX LIMITED HD10 w/HVAC

– Added/upgraded features from Defender Limited HD10

The Defender MAX Limited HD10, includes the full-cab enclosure and HVAC system like its single-seat brother, but can haul more people and gear thanks to its spacious seating for six. In addition to the Defender MAX XT features as standard equipment, the MAX Limited HD10 unit’s cab includes a full glass windshield, wiper/washer kit, full doors with electric windows (front) and hinged windows (rear), hard roof with liner, an interior dome light and a fixed rear glass window. It also benefits from the 82hp Rotax HD10 V-twin, improved XT bumper, as well as the family’s styling and comfort enhancements. Again, slight changes to make it into a 6-seater model include a longer wheelbase (+32.5-in.) of 115.5-in. (294 cm) and a larger payload.

Limited Package Features

• -  115.5-in. (294 cm) wheelbase
  • -  12-in. of ground clearance
  • -  Dynamic Power Steering (DPS)
  • -  ECOTM / ECOTM Off / Work modes
  • -  2,500-lbs. (1,134 kg) towing capacity
  • -  1,300-lbs. (590 kg) payload capacity
  • -  12.7-Gal. (48.1 L) storage capacity
  • -  Multi-function cargo box with LinQ system
  • -  27-in. (68.6 cm) Maxxis† Bighorn 2.0
  • -  Rear differential with Turf mode
  • -  67-in. (170 cm) wide with Arched A-arm
  • -  LED Signature
  • -  Visco-Lok QE front differential
  • -  14-in. (35.6 cm) cast-aluminum wheels
  • -  VERSA-PRO bench seat with reinforced Limited package seat skin and adjustable driver seat
  • -  Full HWMPE skid plate
  • -  4,500-lbs. (2,014 kg) winch
  • -  XT front bumper
  • -  Full hard roof with liner and interior dome light
  • -  Fullcabenclosurewithfullglasswindshield,wiper/washerkit,fulldoorswithelectricwindowsinfront,
  • hinge window in the back and rear glass
  • -  Auto heating and air conditioning (HVAC) climate system
  • -  7.6-in. (19.3 cm) digital display with keypad
  • -  Brake holding mechanism
  • -  850-W magneto
  • -  1-year maintenance free and easy access to key maintenance components
  • -  Mossy Oak† Break-Up Country Camo† water-dipped option

• Member ID:  1
  • Content Count:  244

And the promo video from Can-am. 

• Member ID:  20
  • Content Count:  100

I want one.  Only complaint would be the cup holders moved to the middle seat area.  Would get in the way of a passenger or my gun rack.  Other than that it would be nice to be able to ride somewhat dust free.

• Member ID:  223
  • Content Count:  1

Why does Can Am do the hinged rear windows?  It would be much nicer if they are least rolled down.  I use mine for hunting and it is difficult to hunt out of a hinged window.  

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  204
  • Content Count:  28

Any idea when this will be available? I havent seen it for sale anywhere, yet

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  264
  • Content Count:  6

This is exactly what I’m getting and per my dealership it doesn’t come out atleast to the West coast until Jan/Feb. 

• Member ID:  265
  • Content Count:  21

I put a deposit on one last week.  Dealer didn't know delivery date yet, but was hoping for just a few more weeks.  Everything I read says January or later though.  Looking forward to taking delivery as soon as possible, because I have some winter work I want to get done. 

• Member ID:  264
  • Content Count:  6

Awesome. Good for you. What part of the country are you in? I’m in the PNW. Also looking forward to tinkering with it all winter. You do any additions from the factory?

• Member ID:  265
  • Content Count:  21

I'm in Utah.  Only extras are a snow plow and a street legal kit.  Now just waiting to see what gets here first, the snow plow, or the snow.🐧

• Like 1

• Member ID:  233
  • Content Count:  17

DirtRider, bet on the snow...what part of Utard ? I am Salt Lake County area. Show off that 2020 when you get it.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

• Member ID:  477
  • Content Count:  8

Has anyone had any issues with the a/c? Mine will run for awhile and then just go to vent air. I took it back to the dealer they said it was low on freon added some but it is still doing the same thing 

• Member ID:  488
  • Content Count:  2

Just got one two weeks, the ac has never worked blows hot air. So disappointing 

• 1 year later...

• Member ID:  1,139
  • Content Count:  1

On 6/7/2020 at 4:07 PM, Joe said:

Has anyone had any issues with the a/c? Mine will run for awhile and then just go to vent air. I took it back to the dealer they said it was low on freon added some but it is still doing the same thing 

My A/C Failed early with a little triangle. After that repair it was returned to me in Texas where it gets to 100 degrees still blowing hot air. I returned it to the shop after returning it to the shop they called me and said it is working as designed. I said how so? They stated that Can-Am spec for the AC unit is that it only blows air 10 degrees below outside air. So if it is 100 degrees outside it will blow 90 degree air on you. I spent 34,000 for the ability to have AC in the cabin and finding this out is heartbreaking. Buyer Beware!

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

On 7/14/2021 at 8:09 AM, TexasRancherMan said:

My A/C Failed early with a little triangle. After that repair it was returned to me in Texas where it gets to 100 degrees still blowing hot air. I returned it to the shop after returning it to the shop they called me and said it is working as designed. I said how so? They stated that Can-Am spec for the AC unit is that it only blows air 10 degrees below outside air. So if it is 100 degrees outside it will blow 90 degree air on you. I spent 34,000 for the ability to have AC in the cabin and finding this out is heartbreaking. Buyer Beware!

Another reason I'm glad I don't have an AC unit in Bear.... I'm curious to know, how many (if any) have had NO ISSUES with their AC units? Because from what I've seen there haven't been ANY.... and NO RECALL or REBATE...... 

😢