Can it be done????

dirtco

Question

• Member ID:  2,026
  • Content Count:  45

I have a 2023 can am defender 6x6  with the HD 10 . The only fuel I have to use is 91 octane  ethanol free . This caused my machine to run ruff . I call the dealer and they said run 87  with ethanol in it. I cannot do that. Is there any way to tune up the HD 10 to run on the 91?

3 answers to this question

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

I have the monster FI tune for my 2019 HD10, it is tuned for 91 and that is what I run.

You should be able to run the 91 no ethanol regardless of your dealers advice.😉

• Member ID:  5
  • Content Count:  274

You know what, my Defender is doing the same thing! I had some gas cans in my trailer that I used to fill up last not thinking anything of it and they had 93 octane in them. My Defender started running rough and dying on me and I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. Now that you mention your issue it made me remember that my dealer said to only run 87 octane in it and I didn't even think of what I had put in my gas cans before I bought the machine. I'm going to run go get some 87 and hopefully, it fixes the issue. 

• Member ID:  1,660
  • Content Count:  147

a while back, i saw some comments on fb about this topic as well.  a lot of guys have had trouble, switch to 87 and it runs fine.  i did the same as andy, tuned for 91 and run that.  i am not going to have special tanks of fuel for my defender when every other off road machine i own gets 91 non ethanol gas in them.  I would definitely take a look at and install fresh spark plugs that are properly gapped as well.

steve

• Like 1