Looking for purchase advice

sf jakey

• Member ID:  1,747
  • Content Count:  3

Hi all.  I sold my 2016 Honda pioneer 1000 5 seat after this years elk season because I just could not take the dust anymore.  I know it’s an off road vehicle, but this thing seemed to be a vacuum.  It was EVERYWHERE.  Heat was bad also. I am looking to pick up a defender max, either a limited or an XT.  I really don’t need the hvac system, or the power windows.  I like to use my machine with no doors when I am not traveling fast or when it isn’t cool in the mornings. I am thinking maybe an XT with half doors, flip glass windshield and rear window may do the job, but then again maybe not.  I know full doors will keep my bow and pack clean in the backseat, but not being able to remove doors and roof easily on the limited is not great.  What are peoples experiences with half doors and dust?  It’s not a cost issue, it’s more of a functionality issue.  And no, I don’t want a jeep.  I have owned several and don’t want another.  Thanks for the advice in advance.

• Member ID:  814
  • Content Count:  37

If you want to keep the dust down get the limited. Night and day difference dust between my HD8 XT and my HD10 limited on dust. Can-am got the weather sealing fixed alot better, and the interior actually stays clean on the limited. It also has a cabin air filter, so when your running the hvac system it keeps the dust out as well. For my riding if I want a taste of the outdoors you flip the windshield up and roll down the windows. 

• Member ID:  330
  • Content Count:  123

I agree with Arctic.  Once the windows are rolled down, they pretty much become half doors anyways.  I'd go with the Limited.  Better to have and not need than to not have and need.