Best Windshield

JMax

Question

• Member ID:  1,751
  • Content Count:  15

New here, thank you- new Defender HD10, I’m looking for the best windshield for extreme dusty conditions. Surfing UTV sites and found a poly windshield that has 2 vents centered on each side near the bottom and another vent middle top. Anybody have one and is  it enough venting to blow the dust out the open side window area? I bought a versa fold which will work great, but on cold mornings I’d like full coverage. 

5 answers to this question

• Member ID:  330
  • Content Count:  123

Can Am glass flip out windshield is probably the best option all around.  Crazy expensive up front, but you'll never have to worry about fine scratches, from cleaning it, when you're driving into the sun and you can always add a windshield wiper.

I've had the glass flip up on since new in 2018 and have yet to have any problems in any sort of riding, mud, dust or rain.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

3 hours ago, RossO said:

Can Am glass flip out windshield is probably the best option all around.  Crazy expensive up front, but you'll never have to worry about fine scratches, from cleaning it, when you're driving into the sun and you can always add a windshield wiper.

I've had the glass flip up on since new in 2018 and have yet to have any problems in any sort of riding, mud, dust or rain.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Thx, I thought of that. Not enough air on really hot days. With experience from my Ranger just sold the 1/2 windshield is the way to go on warmer days. With the glass flip out, the dirt here, which is fine as flour, just covers you. 
thx again 

• Member ID:  1,660
  • Content Count:  146

i agree with ross, best is the oem glass flip or any other glass flip up that would be electric.  at least it wont scratch at all and flipping up is nice for air flow when its hot.  it is infinitely adjustable with the electric, which would make a big difference for me.

i have a hard coat poly one that is a nice windshield but i added vents and such to help keep air moving through instead of swirling.  it helps but it still sucks dust in behind us.

steve

Honda 400, on the swirling dust behind, do you run a full rear windshield? I’ve had the chance to use the versa shield. Not having a wiper is a pain. Leaning now towards glass tip out. Besides mine got dropped in shipping. Has some corner chipping in it and some gouges. Working with warranty now.

• Member ID:  1,660
  • Content Count:  146

i do run a full rear windshield as well.  it probably helps a little but it still swirls in.  best bet would be a flip that you can open any time you can. 

i have 4 round 2" vents evenly spaced across the top and 2 larger kemimoto vents on the bottom that are centered with the driver and passenger seats and still get some dust.  nothing except a full sealed cab with an air conditioner or heater will keep enough pressure in it to keep it from sucking dirt in but so far, the more vents the better.  the flip will be my next one if something happens to my poly.  get an electric one, then you can adjust in as high as you want.

steve 

308619918_5033071466798842_5676566285798203035_n.jpg

• Like 1