Defender died going up a hill

Farmbuck95

Question

• Member ID:  1,730
  • Content Count:  4

Hello friends , I’m in need of help , Today went to my farm to check trail cams several spots over 115 acres stopped and started like new until I went to go up a hill on power line cut . Halfway up the hill going up in Low unit started to loose power and stalled and died , Went backwards in N .  down the hill to flat ground to say a few bad words will crank but no fire up !!! Tried several times nothing , had to get help to put on trailer to get it home . Please any information greatly appreciated. Tim 2019 Defender HD5 12 hours 

Edited by Farmbuck95
Spellcheck

5 answers to this question

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

Probably fuel related, loosen the fuel filler cap and listen to see if you have pressure or a vacuum when you start to loosen it. If yes, you may have a problem with the vent or the intake air both located on top of the fuel tank connected by clear plastic lines next to the large opening where you remove the fuel pump. There are several threads on here how to find and replace the vents if necessary?

When you turn the key on, do you hear the fuel pump cycle if not it may be the fuel pump?🙂

Yes fuel pump seems to be working I hear it when I turn key on , Fuel tank is full I did release it at farm had pressure. Went outside to check seat belts I remembered you had to hook them and have always cause you won’t go but 12 mph BUT PASSENGER side was undone with rider apparently would it have done this if it got unhooked going up the hill ????

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

Just the drivers side seat belt will limit the speed as far as I know but I have clipped the drivers side belt into the passenger side by mistake and wondered what was going on.🙂

I understand lol but we’ve drove everywhere til I went up the hill 😡

Got her fixed !! The one and only plug being a one cylinder was the culprit thanks 

• Thanks 1