Belt lifespan

Keven

• Member ID:  1,390
  • Content Count:  6

Under adult driving conditions, dry dusty dirt roads ,how often do you replace drive belts? Every 1000 miles seems excessive, but way better than trying to replace in the field. Thoughts??? 

HOLY Smokes, the dealer has tole me to change it every 1000 miles… I should have known. Thank you so much for sharing your experience.. Happy new year. 

• Member ID:  242
  • Content Count:  126

I bought a spare (+ the requisite tools for belt change) and keep them handy, but don’t think I’ll need them for some years to come.  I’m in low range a lot (snow plowing) and that’ll make a belt last and last.  - Mark

On 12/30/2021 at 7:39 PM, Mark in Colorado said:

I bought a spare (+ the requisite tools for belt change) and keep them handy, but don’t think I’ll need them for some years to come.  I’m in low range a lot (snow plowing) and that’ll make a belt last and last.  - Mark

I wonder if low range has more torque and would be harder on the belt? How many mikes do you have on your unit? 

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

Low range is much easier on the belt because it allows the belt to upshift sooner and the upshift allows more belt to contact the primary sheave especially with larger tires or if you are in rough or boggy terrain, pushing snow or pulling a load.

But driving around in low range all the time even on the level is not required or recommended.🙂

2 hours ago, Andystoy19 said:

Low range is much easier on the belt because it allows the belt to upshift sooner and the upshift allows more belt to contact the primary sheave especially with larger tires or if you are in rough or boggy terrain, pushing snow or pulling a load.

But driving around in low range all the time even on the level is not required or recommended.🙂

Great to know. Thanks for the information man!!