light bar and windows not working

Laserpilot

Question

• Member ID:  1,346
  • Content Count:  1

Dear members,

We've bought a 2020 HD10 limited with cabin and added a LED bar on the roof. But now the led bar is dead and the electric windows don't work anymore.

I've checked the fuses that I could check and they work. Also the separate fuse for the light bar is intact.

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

There are two fuse boxes in the Defender, one under the passenger seat which controls mostly engine related functions and the second one under the front panel on the hood. I don't know which specific fuse provides power to the power windows but you will have to start at F7, F10, F12 and F14. 

If you have a volt/ohm meter you can check the fuses first and than check for power at the window switch. I have no idea where the light bar was wired to so you will have to follow the wiring until you find the power source or the blown fuse that protects that circuit. If the light bar was wired into the accessory bus at the top of the windshield it may be on the 40 Amp fuse F10. You can remove the inside metal panel on the front, inside, top of the cab and check to see if you have power to the bus?

Its possible that the power window switch(s) are bad but it seems coincidental that both as well as the light bar don't work? Good luck.🙂