2022 Can am announcement HD 7 & HD 9 and visco 4 lok

Andystoy19

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  447
  • Content Count:  4

I haven't kept up with the newer models. The new "Visco 4 Lok", as the man called it, sounds to me like they're renamingĀ their Smart-Lok, but still pretty much the same. Although, their website still says "Smart-Lok" on the XMR Spec Sheet. Definitely going to do a little research on it.Ā I'm glad to see them innovating. Gotta keep ahead of Polaris (as well asĀ other brands). IĀ came to Can-Am from Polaris, as many did, and only have one complaint, Linq. Hate it. It was so much easier to DIY accessories for the Lock and Ride system holes in the bed than it is Linq. Anyway, since I'm finally able to use my machine again (worked all the time), the information on upcoming models is appreciated.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

I was checking out the 2022 defenders this morning and see that they now offer the cab with heat in a DPS Cab but only with the HD9 which is 65 HP vs the older 72 HP and now 82 HP HD10. This model does not include the winch or the other XT options but is $5000 cheaper than the limited which does.

You can get the HD10 in an XT without cab and in the limited. If I was looking to update I would not buy the LTD with air because I don't need it and I probably wouldn't buy the DPS Cab with the HD9 with less HP. I know its all about marketing but it limits folks who use their machine in the winter with tracks and the summer with larger tires etc.

My choice today would be a X MR cab HD10 which isn't available with cab?šŸ¤”

• 9 months later...

• Member ID:  1,621
  • Content Count:  1

The latest V4 Lok sounds at first glance like they're changing the name of their Smart-Lok. I'm happy to see them coming up with new ideas. It's important to stay ahead of Polaris. It was much simpler to make your items for Lock and Ride system holes in the bed than Linq. Since I'm finally capable of using my machine and the details about upcoming models are greatly valued.