Defender half doors

Rudy

• Member ID:  64
  • Content Count:  88

Started installing my door set today and of course one door kit came with no hardware to mount or assemble!! You’d think for the price they’re selling these that they would remember the hardware. Called dealer I picked them up from so hopefully they can get me hardware needed quickly. Happy with the half doors though, literally half doors!

114DDF02-E6B1-4733-B8A6-EAD56F9675AA.jpeg

33761018-95B5-44F4-9F18-681BBDB7886B.jpeg

• Like 1

• Member ID:  1
  • Content Count:  244

Looks awesome!  Thanks for keeping us up to date on the build Rudy!  How's the fit and finish?

39 minutes ago, modified said:

Looks awesome!  Thanks for keeping us up to date on the build Rudy!  How's the fit and finish?

The fit is surprisingly good. Centered all hardware to start and only took some minor adjustments to get doors to close smoothly. The finish on all metal parts of doors is identical to finish on the defender so they blend right in. Doors seals are nice and snug against body when closed. Door plastic is nice and thick so will avoid dents if it brushed against any trail objects. 

• Member ID:  39
  • Content Count:  54

Not knocking can-am at all but sounds like they should pay more attention to hardware packaging because when I ordered my defender from my local dealer they had to go pick it up from another dealer here in our state and when they picked it up it was still in the shipping container and when they opened it up to assemble everything they discovered no hardware kit ! So few more days and can-am got the hardware to them ... not the biggest deal but inconvenient for sure

• Member ID:  87
  • Content Count:  33

Had 1/2 doors as part of the purchase deal.  Had the net doors when we bought it last Saturday, March 9, 2019. They ordered for us at that time and said that had no idea when they'd come in.  Got a call on the 13th said doors are on.

We'll be bring back on the 22nd to have them installed.

We'll see how that works out.

• Member ID:  87
  • Content Count:  33

56 minutes ago, Justjimmy said:

Had 1/2 doors as part of the purchase deal.  Had the net doors when we bought it last Saturday, March 9, 2019. They ordered for us at that time and said that had no idea when they'd come in.  Got a call on the 13th said doors came in.

We'll be bring back on the 22nd to have them installed.

We'll see how that works out.

Edited by Justjimmy

• 4 weeks later...

Well after almost a month of waiting on hardware for the doors I received them yesterday and finished the install today. Not to happy with the delay on hardware but I’m glad I finally got them on. Heading out to Marble Falls this weekend. Back doors need some minor adjustments but they will work for this weekend. Front doors close nice and smooth. 

DAA965FF-EBCF-4483-BA01-663806CB17C1.jpeg

• Like 1

• Member ID:  5
  • Content Count:  274

Wow, those look great! Makes it look even tougher than it did before 😎

2 hours ago, Dragoon said:

Wow, those look great! Makes it look even tougher than it did before 😎

Thanks Dragoon! They do look nice and will keep the kids from rolling out at the same time. 

• Like 1

Win-win!

Well after testing the door here at Hidden Falls Adventure Park. Doors did their job! Wife and kids enjoyed not being covered in mud! Haha

B08B6236-559E-4994-BF81-20A016627143.jpeg

36D93904-6CC9-43F8-8A36-68506F27CFFA.jpeg

• Like 1

Wow, looks like the coverage of those doors is about perfect to knock down most of the spray of the tires! If my dog wouldn't be so depressed about me adding the doors I would probably be ordering them right now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dragoon said:

Wow, looks like the coverage of those doors is about perfect to knock down most of the spray of the tires! If my dog wouldn't be so depressed about me adding the doors I would probably be ordering them right now.

The doors actually did do a great job of keeping water and mud spray away. I still got some mud slinging up in the cab when hitting mud holes at higher speeds but hey that was part of having fun. Who’s to say you can’t add a dog door on the large front door? I have to say the ease of hopping in and out with out doors is nice but would not be fun in the mud. One thing I like is if I want them off I just take hinge bolts (8each) off and I’m ready to go again. 

That's good to hear!

I have a French Bulldog that is my shadow and when we're in the Defender he loves hanging his head out the side while we drive. He will even lay in it while I'm working in the yard waiting for a squirrel to hit the ground. It would be funny to add a little dog port on the side of the door so he could still see out 🙂

• 1 year later...

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

On 4/16/2019 at 5:32 AM, Dragoon said:

That's good to hear!

I have a French Bulldog that is my shadow and when we're in the Defender he loves hanging his head out the side while we drive. He will even lay in it while I'm working in the yard waiting for a squirrel to hit the ground. It would be funny to add a little dog port on the side of the door so he could still see out 🙂

I have two mini Dachshunds and FULL doors with electric windows. And they have NO ISSUES... Actually makes me feel more secure because I roll the window down just low enough for the to get the air... I  also made a shelf out of 3/4 plywood with a 2×4 front pointed upward. Then a couple bike hangers that go over the OH $H@T bar so they can BOTH see out. I also covered it with a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet for traction. 

20200419_143138.jpg