2021 Defender Max Limited - 32's

JTspartan2005

• Member ID:  938
  • Content Count:  8

I'm going to be picking up my 2021 Max Limited in a few weeks and wanted to put 32's on it. I've seen some of the a-arm kits that move the wheel forward to clear them, but not for the 2021 Limited. Has anyone been able to get 32's on they 2021? What kit, if any, did you use and could you post some pics?

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

Pretty sure the reason you can't find the kit is because they started putting the forward A-arms on 2020's and newer... I may be wrong, but I think you already have the clearance. You may need a slight lift... but I think you are good to go... If you were here in Oregon I'd let you try my 32's on for fittment...

Good luck,

Joe

• Member ID:  938
  • Content Count:  8

1 hour ago, A hunt 2 remember said:

Pretty sure the reason you can't find the kit is because they started putting the forward A-arms on 2020's and newer... I may be wrong, but I think you already have the clearance. You may need a slight lift... but I think you are good to go... If you were here in Oregon I'd let you try my 32's on for fittment...

Good luck,

Joe

Joe, 

I did find that Super ATV has a 2" forward A-arm kit for it, but no rear kit. Any issues in the rear with your 32's when the shocks are compressed?

Nope... although... when I tilt my bed my bumper rubs on my tires... 😉

• Member ID:  941
  • Content Count:  2

When you go up in size from a 28" tire to a 32" tire, do you have to do any clutch work to get the low end acceleration back?

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

You won't get a concensus on here but IMO when you change to a taller heavier tire your entire RPM range vs shift range changes. Can you run the bigger tires without clutch work yes, if you do some clutch work will you see an improvement yes. Check out my thread in the garage builds section on the EPI kit I installed and than make your own decision.🙂

7 hours ago, Andystoy19 said:

You won't get a concensus on here but IMO when you change to a taller heavier tire your entire RPM range vs shift range changes. Can you run the bigger tires without clutch work yes, if you do some clutch work will you see an improvement yes. Check out my thread in the garage builds section on the EPI kit I installed and than make your own decision.🙂

YEAH!! WHAT ANDY SAID!!! LOL... Any time you add rotating mass the clutching will change... Is it noticeable? Yes... IMO... is it terrible? Not terribly.... Would a clutch kit/upgrade make a difference? You bet!!! Is it mandatory? Depends on what you are asking out of your Defender..... As per Andy's statement..... you can ask six of us here and get EIGHT ANSWERS..... LOL... 

My suggestion to you would be to put the tires on and give it a test drive... If you find it's not working for what you need out of your machine..... then you can upgrade your clutch... 

I'm not positive... but being here for a bit now.... I think the front axles take the most abuse with the upgrade in tire size.... maybe others could chime in on that? Axles vs. Clutches??? Or, front differentials? As far as that goes.... 

But again, it all goes back to what we ask of our machines... I will ALWAYS say, "If you build them, THEY WILL BREAK!!" 😉

Good luck,

Joe