New owner S. Florida; 2021 limited 6 passenger

Chrisb890917

• Member ID:  889
  • Content Count:  2

What’s up fellas and ladies? My name is chris and I’m a south Florida native. I’m new to the SxS world but not off roading. I recently purchased (2 days ago) a can am limited 6 passenger so my wife and two young children (2 years and younger) can enjoy the outdoors together. I believe it was the best option since it has factory A/C and power windows in an enclosed cab. So my children will be safe from the outside elements. We are super excited and have enjoyed it very much so until yesterday when we snapped an axle in some mud. Hopefully the B.E.S.T warranty covers it as I have purchased the 3 year extension for it. Anyways here are some pics. Thanks for having me and I look forward to getting to know everyone. 

6843D0BF-A3D6-4BB8-814A-25509B2AFBE3.jpeg

CDB1D8DE-8BBE-4C9C-8444-5B2846B904DB.jpeg

7DE35E45-6092-47EB-AA59-6AD336EA3133.jpeg

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

Well first off let Bear (my sxs) and I be the first to WELCOME YOU!! Nice ride you got there... Seems the axles are a weak link. Bear's right front blew up at around 1500 miles. I went with Gorilla axles since they didn't warranty mine and didn't have any in stock anyway. Now it seems the front visco-lok is damaged so I'll be swapping in a Halo locker... Also beware of the AC.... Not sure if they have figured out the system yet as they were having multiple issues with them in the beginning... Didn't mean to turn this into a Dear John letter... lol... You have a sweet lookin' ride!!! ENJOY IT!!!!

and.....

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

Joe and Bear

• Like 1

• Member ID:  889
  • Content Count:  2

Thank you! Unfortunately I have done enough reading to learn your exact sediment. I feel as if brp should stand behind their product, especially with this unit only being 2 days old. I read about the A/C issues too. Which is a big reason why I bought this unit. I’ll raise hell if I have issues with that HVAC system but hopefully things don’t make it that far.

5 hours ago, Chrisb890917 said:

Thank you! Unfortunately I have done enough reading to learn your exact sediment. I feel as if brp should stand behind their product, especially with this unit only being 2 days old. I read about the A/C issues too. Which is a big reason why I bought this unit. I’ll raise hell if I have issues with that HVAC system but hopefully things don’t make it that far.

I wish you the best!! Hopefully it goes painlessly 

• Member ID:  242
  • Content Count:  126

Great looking rig!  And, if it ever snows there (!) you’ll be just fine, trust me!  - Mark

• 4 weeks later...

So what happened? Did CanAm take care of you? Things still good?

Hoping it all went well

Joe

• Member ID:  242
  • Content Count:  126

A hunt 2 remember - did you replace both front axles with Gorillas?  Or, just the one?  Also, did you go with rear as well?  About $750?  I’m very careful with mine, but crawling around under there to grease it last week I thought they looked weak for the type of terrain I operate in.  May preemptively do this.  Install yourself?  thanks, - Mark

PS - I rarely use my lockers, but I’d change them if the upgrade allowed “activation on the  fly”.  

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

Mark, check out my 2 threads in the build section on replace both front axles it has some info on other manufacturers and part numbers, I am still waiting on my HD axles from Damon. 

The second post is on the pinlocker front diff install and you can engage it on the fly but it is not recommended under load because that might result in a failure. Its an electrical solenoid engagement and is seamless but once engaged both front wheels are locked together with four pins that lock into a collar.☺️

On 3/17/2021 at 6:31 AM, Mark in Colorado said:

A hunt 2 remember - did you replace both front axles with Gorillas?  Or, just the one?  Also, did you go with rear as well?  About $750?  I’m very careful with mine, but crawling around under there to grease it last week I thought they looked weak for the type of terrain I operate in.  May preemptively do this.  Install yourself?  thanks, - Mark

PS - I rarely use my lockers, but I’d change them if the upgrade allowed “activation on the  fly”.  

I replaced both axles... unless you are replacing with same axle you will need to replace both axles... and yes, install everything myself. I let the dealer work on it once, NEVER AGAIN!!! I don't trust their competency. I do all my own wrenching now.