Snorkel kit with Gear Rail and Wiper?

Bad Daddy

• Member ID:  759
  • Content Count:  107

So I am looking at adding the OEM Snorkel kit  to our 2020 HD10  XT MAX Defender... 

Of course, we have the wiper washer kit, and the Gear Rail..   Need both, unfortunately...  I would really like to install it, but before I buy it, I am wondering if anyone has installed this with the aforementioned accessories.. 

Running tracks right now, and it would be great to get all of this out of the way, and up high... not a need, but a want...  I have already got the relocation kits installed for CVT and Air, but through that it would be better up high.

I realize I may have to give up the gear rail, but can't see specifically where the issue lies...  Moving the wiper bottle might be a bit challenging, but its probably not a big deal.

Thanks all!

Edited by Bad Daddy
Wrong part number

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/13/2021 at 3:40 PM, Bad Daddy said:

So I am looking at adding the OEM Snorkel kit  to our 2020 HD10  XT MAX Defender... 

Of course, we have the wiper washer kit, and the Gear Rail..   Need both, unfortunately...  I would really like to install it, but before I buy it, I am wondering if anyone has installed this with the aforementioned accessories.. 

Running tracks right now, and it would be great to get all of this out of the way, and up high... not a need, but a want...  I have already got the relocation kits installed for CVT and Air, but through that it would be better up high.

I realize I may have to give up the gear rail, but can't see specifically where the issue lies...  Moving the wiper bottle might be a bit challenging, but its probably not a big deal.

Thanks all!

Went to the dealer to have a look and I can see the problem... 

Gear rail is going to hit it.

need it moved back about 2”

• Member ID:  858
  • Content Count:  12

I ordered and tried to install, failed, took to dealer and they said will not work.  Although the website says it will work...

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

24 minutes ago, DeFenderDan said:

I ordered and tried to install, failed, took to dealer and they said will not work.  Although the website says it will work...

MANY of the upgrades do NOT work with others... or work with factory upgrades already installed... and their website/catalog information is VERY MISLEADING!! as per what works with what... or what IN TOTAL is required... 

In your case of the gear rack... I would guess a little fab work and rewelding the rack back a couple inches and you'd have it...

Good luck 

Joe

I’m going to go and look again. 
Take a measuring tape and a few pics, to make sure.