When I hit a stiff bump my 2019 HD8 has a rattle under the seat area. almost like if you had a piece of metal laying in the bed bouncing. Any ideas? Thanks

winbamawin

Question

• Member ID:  659
  • Content Count:  2

When I hit a stiff bump my 2019 HD8 has a rattle under the seat area.  almost like if you had a piece of metal laying in the bed bouncing.  Any ideas?  Thanks 

7 answers to this question

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

Not sure... but the fact that the area between the belly pan and the floorboard is open may be the issue... a bolt??? Or maybe a rock..... may be caught between and when as you state you hit it just right it bounces in there??? Good luck!!! I'm actually thinking about taking off my belly pan and filling the void with rigid foam for heat and SOUND BARRIER....

• Member ID:  659
  • Content Count:  2

Thanks for the reply.  I am almost to the point as to where I think the actual frame that holds the seats is loose

Edited by winbamawin

• Member ID:  1,302
  • Content Count:  1

On 11/30/2020 at 1:48 PM, winbamawin said:

Thanks for the reply.  I am almost to the point as to where I think the actual frame that holds the seats is loose

I have a 2019  can am defender that was doing the exact same thing. I tried tighting the sway bar in the back and greasing everything like all the other tread suggested was the problem and nothing worked still popping when hitting bumps. Finally after 2 days of looking for it I finally found the problem and it was the 2 bolts on the roll cage where it comes together on the lower left side by driver seat was a little loose. Not hand loose but enough to where when I hit a bump it would cling. Tighten those up and stop the clumping noise. 

• Member ID:  1,421
  • Content Count:  1

On 10/28/2021 at 11:55 PM, Creenova47 said:

I have a 2019  can am defender that was doing the exact same thing. I tried tighting the sway bar in the back and greasing everything like all the other tread suggested was the problem and nothing worked still popping when hitting bumps. Finally after 2 days of looking for it I finally found the problem and it was the 2 bolts on the roll cage where it comes together on the lower left side by driver seat was a little loose. Not hand loose but enough to where when I hit a bump it would cling. Tighten those up and stop the clumping noise. 

Creenova47 thanks for your post! I have a 2020 Defender HD8-XT that started having the same popping sound near the passenger side seat anytime I would hit a bump. Based on your post I tightened up the 2 roll cage frame bolts beside the passenger seat & the noise is gone! You da' man!

• Member ID:  161
  • Content Count:  42

I have a 2019 HD10 Max Cab and when I hit a bump like a round rock protruding from the ground I get a clunk noise coming from the rear left driver side and seems like it's around the rear door and right under back window area on that side ???   Very annoying !

Thanks in advance  TB

Think I might of found it based on these findings you guys posted. The rear roll cage bolts on that side were loose and I would if never found it until they fell out 😮 so tomorrow I'll will test and advise.  

Thanks. TB

Found it was the back two bolts 😁