2020 HD8 Max Base

bhaskell

• Member ID:  542
  • Content Count:  3

New to forum thought I'd post my defender progress. Its dirty, it gets used often.

Purchased new with the Can-Am 0% offer they were running earlier this year. It is the base model so no DPS or extra add-ons. I did get them to through in the roof as part of the deal and worked out a discounted extended warranty. Below is a list of mods that I've done so far. I rode it for a while mostly stock, but down here in Florida deep water is a big concern.

• RAM powered dash mount for Garmin GPS (All ready had the mount from another project) Extra nice riding a night with GPS!
  • Auxiliary pod LED lights tucked into recessed roof pockets - wired to auxiliary light switch
  • 2" Bracket Lift
  • Highlifter Snorkel Kit - This kit is actually for the earlier model years so it took some creativity to make them fit but they are water tight and work well. I also love how they are hidden behind the rear passenger headrests. The factory XMR snorkel kit is so expensive and it obstructs the rear view when backing up.
  • Can Am Maverick take off wheels and tires 30x10.5-4 on all four corners - Love the 30" tires! Will probably replace tires with 30x9-14 once these bighorns wear out!
  • Can-Am bumper - modified for winch mount
  • 4500lb winch w/ wired and wireless controllers.
  • Ordered - 1" wheel spacers for rear to bring the reduced offset wheels back to stock offset.

Attached some pictures for reference.  I love the extra ground clearance and the peace of mind that I can survive deeper water should I accidentally find myself in "over my head". 

Defender Snorkel.jpg

Defender Back.jpg

Defender Side.jpg

Defender Front.jpg

• Member ID:  542
  • Content Count:  3

Here is a shot of the dash w/ GPS and rear view mirror.

Defender Dash.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  212
  • Content Count:  14

Very nice..  I have exact model. Curious on the snorkel tho..  The double goes to clutch assembly, why the 2 tubes?

• 5 months later...

• Member ID:  879
  • Content Count:  2

Looks great. Any major power loss with 30”s