Turn signal kit

Felix

• Member ID:  453
  • Content Count:  22

Has anybody installed a turn signal kit on a crew max ? If so what brand and did it connect straight to the battery or to the ecu ? 

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

38 minutes ago, Felix said:

Has anybody installed a turn signal kit on a crew max ? If so what brand and did it connect straight to the battery or to the ecu ? 

Well... not going onto a max... but I went with the SuperATV deluxe plug and play. Just got it after a backorder and my hunting trip TO HELL.... 

Hoping to get it installed next week. Trying to get things in order here at home first. But during a quick examination of the installation instructions it is powered via the under dash power block. Unfortunately in my case.... with the heated cab all that is pretty BURIED!!! Thankfully I thought of these type of things when I added another power block that I can access. And the brain? It is supposed to mount under the middle seat... Umm... I have a cubby there.... guess that's gonna need some attention too.... 

I like the switches matching, but may work on more of an auto style setup for my blinkers...

1 hour ago, A hunt 2 remember said:

Well... not going onto a max... but I went with the SuperATV deluxe plug and play. Just got it after a backorder and my hunting trip TO HELL.... 

Hoping to get it installed next week. Trying to get things in order here at home first. But during a quick examination of the installation instructions it is powered via the under dash power block. Unfortunately in my case.... with the heated cab all that is pretty BURIED!!! Thankfully I thought of these type of things when I added another power block that I can access. And the brain? It is supposed to mount under the middle seat... Umm... I have a cubby there.... guess that's gonna need some attention too.... 

I like the switches matching, but may work on more of an auto style setup for my blinkers...

Where did you purchase the extra power block 

• Member ID:  298
  • Content Count:  107

I went with the Corbin custom works kit and added the horn kit along with it. I was impressed with the fit and finish of it. These guy did a nice job with it from the wire insulation, waterproofing, etc. everything was perfect length, no wire trimming. Came with factory matching toggle switches. Truly plug and play. No tie ins to the ecu, just needed power and ground. 

7EBA8D79-261F-462D-BAB0-99F46A26AD17.png

Edited by pmbaseball24

6 minutes ago, pmbaseball24 said:

I went with the Corbin custom works kit and added the horn kit along with it. I was impressed with the fit and finish of it. These guy did a nice job with it from the wire insulation, waterproofing, etc. everything was perfect length, no wire trimming. Came with factory matching toggle switches. Truly plug and play. No tie ins to the ecu, just needed power and ground. 

7EBA8D79-261F-462D-BAB0-99F46A26AD17.png

Does it use the rear tail lights for the turn signals also ? Where did you tap into the power source at for power and ground 

Well..... I made it.... a couple different options really. I just took a buss bar and made it live... I'll see if i have some pictures. My bar is CONSTANT LIVE.... Not switched like the OEM bar is. But I've gone WAY BEYOND the realm of easy... door switches, lighting, stereo, gps, more lights..... I also had to reconfigure the battery isolator system as well. Which is actually why I added the extra buss bar.

20191023_131301.jpg

20191018_085613.jpg

20191123_101753.jpg

Please tell me you did NOT put both front leds on each side pointed forward.... as per the picture..... the one is a side marker light... Pretty sad when the seller doesn't even know where the lights go... lol.... 

• Member ID:  298
  • Content Count:  107

Felix, Power ties into the power bar behind the ignition. Yes, it uses the factory tail lights as turn signals. Running and brake lights still work as normal.

A Hunt, I sure did put them facing front!! I love the look of all 4 of them on the front plastic. If one ever fails or comes disconnected there is at least another one for backup. Only vehicles or trailers over 80” need side clearance lights to my knowledge. My unit is 70”. I have received a lot of compliments on the look of it. Sorry you think it’s wrong or think the manufacturer is wrong. Let’s try to stay positive! There is enough shit going on in the world right now to have any more on here.

Great group of guys on here helping each other out with projects!

2 hours ago, pmbaseball24 said:

Felix, Power ties into the power bar behind the ignition. Yes, it uses the factory tail lights as turn signals. Running and brake lights still work as normal.

A Hunt, I sure did put them facing front!! I love the look of all 4 of them on the front plastic. If one ever fails or comes disconnected there is at least another one for backup. Only vehicles or trailers over 80” need side clearance lights to my knowledge. My unit is 70”. I have received a lot of compliments on the look of it. Sorry you think it’s wrong or think the manufacturer is wrong. Let’s try to stay positive! There is enough shit going on in the world right now to have any more on here.

Great group of guys on here helping each other out with projects!

Wasn't meant to be nasty... Sorry you took it that way. But the second blinker is so that others along side you see you are wanting to turn into the lane they are in, or if you are in a turn lane so that the people perpendicular too you can see the signals. Not just for those directly in front or behind you. Sorry you feel I'm a dick for pointing it out I was merely trying to help. IT LOOKS GREAT!!! 

I'll keep to my own... 

Thanks

Edited by A hunt 2 remember

• 4 weeks later...

• Member ID:  473
  • Content Count:  4

I put the same kit on my Maverick and the 2 lights ARE supposed to go together.  There was even a template in the kit for light placement. It is to increase brightness. 

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  552
  • Content Count:  1

I installed signal on my 2020 went to a truck light store and purchased led marker lights instead of th small ones very bright work great. Want to make sure I am SEEN AT NIGHT !  never have too much lights.

• 5 months later...

• Member ID:  868
  • Content Count:  1

I have the new Can Am defender XTP HD10 (2020) and I am stuck where to send the front harness through the firewall. I watched the videos on you tube but they skip over that or different year cause there’s nothing easy about that lol.. any tricks out there to help out a fellow diy’er... 

live tried to look for the hole the rest of the wires are going through but I loose them behind the plastic that seems to be held down with the fuse block and very little give to try and snake anything behind it.

just seems like it shouldn’t take so much disassembly to run a big fat connector without raising the cab off the frame. 

10 hours ago, Steve sawyer said:

I have the new Can Am defender XTP HD10 (2020) and I am stuck where to send the front harness through the firewall. I watched the videos on you tube but they skip over that or different year cause there’s nothing easy about that lol.. any tricks out there to help out a fellow diy’er... 

live tried to look for the hole the rest of the wires are going through but I loose them behind the plastic that seems to be held down with the fuse block and very little give to try and snake anything behind it.

just seems like it shouldn’t take so much disassembly to run a big fat connector without raising the cab off the frame. 

There is a hole plugged with foam just in front of the door latch post. Behind the front fender... that was where I ran mine... let me see if i have a picture... No picture on file... if you need, I can possibly take one later.