• Member ID:  349
  • Content Count:  4

I thought I had finally completed my project. I have added to my HD5:

- Bumper light bar

- Roof light bar

- Rear lights

- Dome light

- Winch

Everything was working perfectly with all accessories, except the winch, connected to either the busbar at the top of the cage or the one under the dash.

i then added a multimeter from Mictuning.  

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01K75Q4MU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Voltage reading was correct but I knew that the wattage was wrong because the reading of a bar measured at home was way too low. While attempting to correct the wiring I lost all power at both busbars of my 2017 HD5.
I have tested all the relays and fuses located in the box under the hood and the ones in the box to the left of the battery. Everything appears to be fine.
Checked the repair and maintenance manual available on line and found nothing. Tried to find a more detailed manual to no avail.
I have the complete electrical wiring diagram but that doesn’t help because it doesn’t show where things are

I realize that most of you have HD10 and that those are different but just knowing that there is a third box to look for or telling me what I might have overlooked would be greatly appreciated

PS I have contacted BRP but do not expect much.