SSV WORKS OVHD STEREO

• Member ID:  64
  • Content Count:  88

Went with the SSV works overhead stereo on my defender. Was pretty easy to install. I ran my cable through drivers pillar for a clean look. Took me about 1 1/2 hours with the wife’s help to stab. Sounds really good. I’m not into extreme loud bass music but you can adjust as needed. Love that it’s out of drivers view and can’t really tell it’s there. Also has the dome light which puts out some good light. Only con is you lose your review mirror.

356A8316-7151-4B93-99C6-583AA3CB6B3E.jpeg

82E97FBB-DC0C-4015-AB7B-2494BD20D68D.jpeg

39FBC3D2-B698-4CF8-A80E-BD3F17DF1856.jpeg

F9D33C8E-C5D7-4D94-A4EB-89129386C2B6.jpeg

B93F3E5D-22D1-4754-8D4E-FA93E0867C9F.jpeg

• Like 2

• Member ID:  371
  • Content Count:  1

The base it loud?

1 hour ago, Gimax said:

The base it loud?

Has good enough bass but if you’re into extreme bass would recommend a different sound system. It’s very clear and I turned the bass down for a clean sound. I have a video and it’s not turned up all the way. 

• Member ID:  364
  • Content Count:  36

I was looking at this unit and the instructions said had to remove the roof to install.  Is that correct?

5 minutes ago, Okie556 said:

I was looking at this unit and the instructions said had to remove the roof to install.  Is that correct?

You don’t have to actually remove the whole roof. You just remove the 3 bolts on forward side of roof and lift it to get the bolts for speaker brackets installed. You mount the speaker then tighten all the hardware that goes through the cage. Remove the speaker and reinstall the roof bolts then reinstall speaker again. 

• Member ID:  364
  • Content Count:  36

11 minutes ago, Rudy said:

You don’t have to actually remove the whole roof. You just remove the 3 bolts on forward side of roof and lift it to get the bolts for speaker brackets installed. You mount the speaker then tighten all the hardware that goes through the cage. Remove the speaker and reinstall the roof bolts then reinstall speaker again. 

Is there a reason why you don't remove the speakers to begin with and mount the empty bracket first then put the speakers back in? Also, I believe you have the OEM auto glass windshield like I have. Any issues with it during install?

1 hour ago, Okie556 said:

Is there a reason why you don't remove the speakers to begin with and mount the empty bracket first then put the speakers back in? Also, I believe you have the OEM auto glass windshield like I have. Any issues with it during install?

I thought the same thing. I installed two screws per side on the speaker bracket hardware then I mounted the whole assembly onto the unit. I secured the 6 screws on the bracket that goes through the roof cage and that sets the spacing for the speaker for when you remove it to reinstall roof bolts. If you just install brackets without the speaker it may be to tight to get speaker in or to spaced out for screws to reach. I had no issues with clearance or fit. I taped the extra harnesses to top of speaker with tape and only ran power and ground wire bundle through my pillar for a clean look. 

• Member ID:  5
  • Content Count:  274

Looks like it would sound awesome 😎