Light bar install assist

• Member ID:  376
  • Content Count:  1

I have a 2020 Defender HD10 Lone Star.   I am trying to install a roof light bar however I am trying to run my switch wires to the Bishop terminals.   On the 2019 models there was a bus bar in the cab but I can’t find one on the 2020 model!   Am I missing something?    The only bus bar I have found is on the outside of the firewall under the hood but I can’t find a place to run my wires through the firewall!   Any help would be greatly appreciated 

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  204
  • Content Count:  28

I spoke w a service tech and they told me the accessory bus bar is under the front dash, somewhere around the middle.  I have the 2020 cab and i think im going to have to partially remove the heater.  Not sure if this helps

• Member ID:  380
  • Content Count:  5

The bus bar is toward the middle just about directly behind the vacant switch hole farthest to the right on the dash. I had a tough time finding mine as well. I have a 2020 Max Limited.

Hope that helps

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

In the 2019 Defender XT Cab there are two bus bars one under the dash just above and to the right of the brake pedal and the second one in the middle and towards the front of the roof panel. You can access the roof one by removing the screws that hold the black metal panel. The under dash bus bar is extremely difficult to access if you have the heater option unless you are a contortionist?

In one of the 2020 Can Am commercials I believe the under dash panel may have been moved to the front of the machine under the plastic panel for much easier access, nothing mentioned about the cab bus bar so I would guess its in the same place center and front of the black panel on the roof, right where you would expect a rear view mirror to be mounted in a car.😉

• Member ID:  204
  • Content Count:  28

I just finished mine, 2020 defender max cab limited, the bus bar was directly behind the 2 extra rocker switch panels. I loosened and slightly moved the heater/ac. This did zero good. The best thing was to "pop out" the blank rocker switch openings and insert a socket and extension to release the nut. I then maneuvered behind the dash and hooked the power wire to the bolt and put the nut on the same way i released it. The bolt and nut that had the red rubber seal over it was the accessory bus bar. The negative was just to the left of this one and could be reached from under the drivers seat. This little trick could have saved me hours!!!! The two rocker switches i have circled are the ones i "popped out".

20200415_115926.jpg

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  366
  • Content Count:  5

For 2020 the bus bar was moved under the hood for easier access.  See here for info: https://www.commanderforums.org/threads/2020-xt-hd10.64641/

• 2 months later...

• Member ID:  551
  • Content Count:  3

On 6/6/2020 at 6:34 AM, Fishin33 said:

For 2020 the bus bar was moved under the hood for easier access.  See here for info: https://www.commanderforums.org/threads/2020-xt-hd10.64641/

theres an accessory bus bar behind the dash still, there is an always hot bus bar under the hood. 

• 3 months later...

• Member ID:  756
  • Content Count:  2

I have a 2021 defender xmr

The bus bar under dash only have positive and negative? 

I thought there was an accessory power also, or is that on older models. Not much info out there about 2021’s yet which is understandable... I’m just new to it all! 

• Member ID:  763
  • Content Count:  1

I wired a backup/bed light and front light bar on my 2020 Xmr school bus to the bus bar under the hood.  I used the white wires that were already there.  (I'm guessing that they are for the the A/C unit option).    And by "I" mean my Dad the retired mechanic.