Best tires for Colorado mountain riding

• Member ID:  125
  • Content Count:  5

We have a 2019 Defender HD 10 XMR with Criptid tires and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on a better tire for riding the mountains in southwest Colorado. Never ridden in the mountains and am curious about the ability of the heavy mud tires in the rocks.

• Member ID:  87
  • Content Count:  33

I have the same machine/tires. At the least, air them down to the minimum psi...I think 10lbs will work, but these tires are not the best for rocks. I ride in deep mud so they work great for me.

Someone else on the forum can better speak to the best tires for your application. I would imagine, soft and sticky.

Thanks Justjimmy! My plan is to lower the pressure, but am also kicking around getting another set of wheels and tires. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations. 

• Member ID:  39
  • Content Count:  54

My cousin has Sedona rockabillys on his ranger 900xp crew and absolutely loves them for rockier terrain I cant vouch for them on solid rock like u may have but we have alot of heavy rocked valley hills and solid rock waterfall systems we climb up here in Missouri and those tires perform excellent they just not up to par for much mud some but not alot ... hes had them for a couple years with alot of weight miles and more abuse than 95% of machines get ha ha and hes never had one flat 

Thanks Stapleton, they look like they would be good in the rocks! Thinking about just lowering the pressure and running the Criptide tires. Probably going to start at 15 psi and lower as needed.