Any PA riders here

ROK23AF

• Member ID:  102
  • Content Count:  51

Was wondering if there were anyone from pa in here? I’m in central pa and usually ride SSRT, RockRun or whiskey springs. In Aug RockRun is having a big event maybe run into someone there!

• Member ID:  67
  • Content Count:  35

I’m from PA I live outside philly in Chester county.  Don’t have time to do much riding away from home but have been up to the anthracite coal property in Pottsville. I’ve never heard of rock run I am gonna look it up. 

• Like 1

• Member ID:  1
  • Content Count:  244

RockRun is an awesome park! I was up there 4-5 years ago riding and had a blast.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

• Member ID:  201
  • Content Count:  6

I'm in north western Pa.  Oil country.  Miles of trail out my back door, more trails at the camp.  Trails at camp are different than the ones in my backyard.  Stay on the trails in the oil country, as you don't know what is hidden in the weeds.  Lots of nasty surprises, steel rods, pipe, well casings, etc.  Will mess you and the machine up quick.  Have to stay off the Collins Pine property, Rent a cop Forestry Service will fine you $500.00 if they catch you on Collins property.  Neighbor at camp owns 6000 acres, let us ride, as he is good friends with FIL.  Crazy situation, 6000 acres of abandoned farms, homes and fields.  Lots to explore.  Not needing to look elsewhere for places to ride for now.  Hope to be ready to invite some visitors to ride with next summer.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jbird said:

I'm in north western Pa.  Oil country.  Miles of trail out my back door, more trails at the camp.  Trails at camp are different than the ones in my backyard.  Stay on the trails in the oil country, as you don't know what is hidden in the weeds.  Lots of nasty surprises, steel rods, pipe, well casings, etc.  Will mess you and the machine up quick.  Have to stay off the Collins Pine property, Rent a cop Forestry Service will fine you $500.00 if they catch you on Collins property.  Neighbor at camp owns 6000 acres, let us ride, as he is good friends with FIL.  Crazy situation, 6000 acres of abandoned farms, homes and fields.  Lots to explore.  Not needing to look elsewhere for places to ride for now.  Hope to be ready to invite some visitors to ride with next summer.  

That would be awesome to come up and ride there! Keep me posted on that and are there farms for sale? Looking to buy one 

Farms, hunting or riding property?  Flexibility might save a lot of dollars.  Look at trails end realty's web site,  Two Mile road, Port Allegany, Pa. There's 40 acres in the 900 something block for sale.  Driveway is a monster, good use for the Defender.  Good hunting but no flat ground.  Other places for sale, look online.   The Amish came in a couple years ago, farm land is tough to buy reasonably now.

26 minutes ago, jbird said:

Farms, hunting or riding property?  Flexibility might save a lot of dollars.  Look at trails end realty's web site,  Two Mile road, Port Allegany, Pa. There's 40 acres in the 900 something block for sale.  Driveway is a monster, good use for the Defender.  Good hunting but no flat ground.  Other places for sale, look online.   The Amish came in a couple years ago, farm land is tough to buy reasonably now.

Looking for farms for horses so flat ground would be needed. I’ll look into it though thanks for the info on it 

• 4 weeks later...

Wrong area to look for flat ground.  This is mountain country.  Amish have special horses with short legs on one side for side hills.  HaHa!   Seriously, not much flat land here.  We just adapt.  And buy Defenders to get around.  FIL admitted his Ranger is out classed,  (that had to hurt!).

• Like 1