Drivers seat for short person

Shelfish

• Member ID:  1,328
  • Content Count:  23

Is there any way to modify the drivers seat to adjust up further so a short person can reach the peddles easier? My wife is only 5’, she has a hard time reaching the peddles.

Thanks for any help,

Shelfish

• Member ID:  1,283
  • Content Count:  13

I'm barely 5'2", and driving with my heel off the floor with my tip-toes incapable of maintaining steady contact with the accelerator, I had a serious problem.  After rejecting all the pedal extenders that I found online, I solved the issue by doing two things:

1.  I bought a "CONFORMAX Airmax Car Seat-Back Gel Cushion" that puts me less than 2" forward in the seat, but it's all I need.  It's crazy expensive, but after trying a couple other cheaper versions that didn't help, this one has worked perfectly.  I got it on amazon at https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00IKNLZEO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2.  I put a short 2"x6" board under my foot that ends just in front of the pedal (it doesn't go under it), which raises my foot enough to keep my heel on the floor.  It's 27" long, which butts it up against the front of the seat so it can't drift backward away from my foot.  I don't have a problem depressing the brake since I don't have to hold it for any length of time, but if I did, I'd just put another board in front of it too.

Good luck and please keep us posted on whatever ends up working for you!