Can am super duty plow

Joe_C

• Member ID:  67
  • Content Count:  35

I picked up my new HD8 on Saturday, one of the accessories I added was the can am super duty plow. When I was researching to buy I couldn’t find much on the super duty plow, esp for the defender so I figured I would post about it in case someone is looking. It is by far the easiest plow  to connect I have ever owned including multiple ATV plow brands and Meyers and boss truck plows. You pull up to it, hook the winch and pull up and it automatically hooks on. To disconnect you pull a lever, unhook the winch and back away. That simple. Takes seconds! It hooks on the front of the machine so it raises nice and high. We got 4” of heavy, slushy snow last night and it worked great. I was able to back drag a ton without it riding up because it’s very heavy.  Just looking at it it seems really well built. It’s def a little more money then after market set ups but I am very happy with the purchase. 

386D76BB-4901-4BB9-8253-C15FF9D7F132.jpeg

• Like 2

Rigged up the winch cable with a pulley to take some of the stress off the winch and hopefully perseve the cable. Saw this on a commander forum but figured I would share here. Bought the hook and pulley from tractor supply for $15, used part of of an old strap and it worked perfectly. Can am sells something that I believe is similar for $50. Slows the plow up and down to half the speed but sill pretty quick. 

421C1674-F2DE-469F-976E-BE1D35EF4AAC.jpeg

F8211BA8-EFB3-4C2E-96ED-0BB140B3D12B.jpeg

• Like 1

• Member ID:  1
  • Content Count:  244

That looks like a good solid setup.  Thanks for posting up that information, I'm sure it will help someone else researching plows.   How long does it take to warm the machine up to good operating temps under those weather conditions? What part of the country are you located? 

3 hours ago, modified said:

That looks like a good solid setup.  Thanks for posting up that information, I'm sure it will help someone else researching plows.   How long does it take to warm the machine up to good operating temps under those weather conditions? What part of the country are you located? 

Yeah I am very happy with the set up so far thanks.    I am about an hour outside Philadelphia in PA.  It wasn't that cold for this storm it was in the low 30's and my garage was prob in the mid 40's so I drove it out and just let it idle for about 5 minutes or so and figured that was good.  Can't wait to see how it does in a larger storm, didn't even need four wheel drive for this one.

• Member ID:  12
  • Content Count:  65

How’s the plow

11 hours ago, Mossyoak said:

How’s the plow

Only used it on one storm so far but it was great. Love the way it comes on and off, super easy. It seems very well made and is very heavy which is great for back dragging heavy wet snow which is what we get most of the time. Only flaw was the attachment point for the winch cable (regular problem with most brands) but I rigged up that pulley and connecected it back to the bumper so hopefully no cable breaks! 

It definitely looks nice and heavy, I should have got it instead of the flexplow 

5 hours ago, Mossyoak said:

It definitely looks nice and heavy, I should have got it instead of the flexplow 

you're not happy with the flex plow?  I was in between and saw almost all positive reviews on the poly (conversely couldn't find much of anything on the super duty good or bad).  

It’s nice but not heavy enough I find for back blading 

• Member ID:  90
  • Content Count:  10

Can you post a picture of where the front mount attaches to the frame. I would like to know how far back it is or if it hangs down and what bolts does it bolt up too.

21 hours ago, King said:

Can you post a picture of where the front mount attaches to the frame. I would like to know how far back it is or if it hangs down and what bolts does it bolt up too.

Pictures didn’t turn out great so I made a quick video. Looks like it’s just those 4