2021 defender max limited hd10 build

Jay760

• Member ID:  801
  • Content Count:  10

After months of waiting for parts, it is finally together!

HCR front and rear arms, Elka stage 4 shocks,

32" bfg's on raceline wheels, 4 speaker jensen factory overhead stereo,  Lowrance HDS live 7 GPS, Yaesu 2800 2 way, 

Custom bed rack that holds spare, and rotopax (have 2 gas cans on it now, waiting for water and first aid rotopax mount is there).

Dual KC led lights on front bumper, dual kc light pods on the rear bed rack facing backwards for worklights.

And tint. 

Need a little more power, but definitely on its way to a solid car.

20210225_092737.jpg

20210225_092728.jpg

20210225_092747.jpg

20210225_092753.jpg

20210225_092817.jpg

20210209_092408.jpg

20210209_092412.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

• Member ID:  938
  • Content Count:  8

How do you like the HCR arms? Any issues? I read that they do not accept the factory sway bars, how does it ride without them?

Front sway bar will not work with the kit, but the Rear does. I was running the super atv front arms, and after 400 miles went to these. Would not have bought rhe super atv a arms, but needed to clear the 32" tires til the HCR kit came in for a trip nee years. Since we did the HCR kit, and Elka stage 4 shocks, haven't had time to take it out. will be doing that Easter weekend. I will tell you, bushings fit a lot better in the HCR Arm than the super atv ones. They were loose as hell in those arms. 

32" tires rubbed the top of the bed with the stock a arms, and the HCR gave it a 3" lift, hopefully eliminating that problem. 

5 hours ago, Jay760 said:

Front sway bar will not work with the kit, but the Rear does. I was running the super atv front arms, and after 400 miles went to these. Would not have bought rhe super atv a arms, but needed to clear the 32" tires til the HCR kit came in for a trip nee years. Since we did the HCR kit, and Elka stage 4 shocks, haven't had time to take it out. will be doing that Easter weekend. I will tell you, bushings fit a lot better in the HCR Arm than the super atv ones. They were loose as hell in those arms. 

32" tires rubbed the top of the bed with the stock a arms, and the HCR gave it a 3" lift, hopefully eliminating that problem. 

I'll be interested how you like the ride, keep me updated! thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/26/2021 at 8:45 AM, Jay760 said:

How'd the Defender do with the HCR setup? Any issues without the front sway bar?

Put about 150 miles on it over the weekend. It did pretty good. Didn't really notice a difference with the front sway bar gone. But the Elka shocks are a little stiffer, and that could be helping out with that. 

A arms are pretty nice, nothing rubbed with the 32" tires. I will probably set the ride height up a few inches more, and see if I can take some compression out of the shocks to smooth it out some. 

• 4 weeks later...

• Member ID:  978
  • Content Count:  18

This ride looks a lot like what I’m looking to build. What tires did you use? I want 32 but I understand 35 is also an option with HCR

I went with 32" bfg's.