Turn Signal Kit

Watchman

• Member ID:  686
  • Content Count:  7

I'm looking at buying the self cancelling turn signal kit with horn from XTC and was wondering if there are any members on here that have installed that kit on their Defenders and live around the Northern Colorado/Southern Wyoming area that might be willing to help me with that install?  Specifically in the Cheyenne, WY area.  If you have installed it, how hard was it?

Thanks for any info you can provide. 

61UUUN0y9TL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

Not sure about that exact unit...(self cancelling?) But they really are a pretty straight forward install... although I took off my drivers side front hood panel and installed my horn in there. That way my hood compartment stayed uncluttered. I also used a stepped drill bit to drill for the front blinkers. One ther thing was I attached the brain directly to the floor under the center seat... 

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Joe, this thing is kicking my butt!  I cannot find the bus bar under the center dash cubby like it shows in the directions.  I'm trying to find where to get the 12v power.  I also can't find where to run the front turn signal harness like it says in the instructions.  It talks about finding the rubber seal that runs across the frame and the winch control outlet.

Any Ideas?

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

Hey Joe, this thing is kicking my butt!  I cannot find the bus bar under the center dash cubby like it shows in the directions.  I'm trying to find where to get the 12v power.  I also can't find where to run the front turn signal harness like it says in the instructions.  It talks about finding the rubber seal that runs across the frame and the winch control outlet.

Any Ideas?

Give me a call.... 971-264-4208 I'll see what I can do...

10 minutes ago, A hunt 2 remember said:

Give me a call.... 971-264-4208 I'll see what I can do...

I'll have you kicking back in no time!! First off we'll have you add a couple bus bars that are ACCESSIBLE!!! For ease of more upgrades in the future needing power.... also...As for the wiring to the front end, I went through the foam in the drivers A pillar... under the left hood panel, where I put my horn so it was out of the way.... He's in getting his brakes gone through right now or I'd take pictures....

Edited by A hunt 2 remember

Thanks for the offer!  I'll give you a call when I have time off work.  

53 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Thanks for the offer!  I'll give you a call when I have time off work.  

Im pretty open these days... 

If you go to amazon and look up bus bar... I used two... one is hooked to constant power and one to keyed on power. (Marked it on cover as well as yellow tape on hot lead) Bear has a heater and was missing some of the panels/pieces that were shown in the directions..... So I made a panel that mounts below the dash...(OEM placement of the missing parts as well as the steering column bracket) Tucked up out of the way.... this allows me EASY ACCESS power if needed in the future without PULLING THE FREAKING HEATER!! ***One other note*** I have an auxiliary battery as well. So my CONTINUAL POWER is run off the rear battery directly (since I had to run the wire anyway) As for the brain mounting to the center seat??? I mounted mine directly to the tunnel below the seat without a hitch.... and my seat still works perfectly... ummm... oh yeah... considering I had to run other wires UP the A pillar.... the path to it is pretty easy ... if you pull the front left hood panel you can see and access the foam plug into the cab. My kit had plenty of wire to make the trip.... While I was at it and the panel was off.... I put the horn in there which kept my hood compartment open for my winch control and spare belt... 

Hope this helps,

Let me know if I missed anything,

Joe

• Like 1