Adding Auxiliary LED Headlights to an XT?

Wilson911

• Member ID:  630
  • Content Count:  6

I see those "V" shaped auxiliary headlights that are on the limited (below the regular headlights), have a cutout place to be added on my XT.  Has anyone done that?  Is that place below the headlights the right size?  Is this a cutout that needs to be done to add the "V" Shaped lights, or does that piece come out in a different way?  Does anyone have the part numbers (RH and LH) to buy the auxiliary lights?  Thank you.

• Member ID:  461
  • Content Count:  5

Here are the lights, the plug should be there to just add them. I've wanted to add them to my XT as well. Hopefully you can do it and let us know how it went. I'm interested in knowing what switch will turn them on or if they are always on. Good luck!

https://can-am.brp.com/off-road/us/en/shop/accessories-ssv/lights_accessories1/lights/led-signature-lights-for-defender-defender-max.html?ds_rl=1278173&gclid=CjwKCAjw_NX7BRA1EiwA2dpg0nsbHegWEEGZ-7x56XD_JDhBlTbh5BpHaNKu2AiTVU239TNwGwRbtBoC5q4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Member ID:  461
  • Content Count:  5

I checked my defender last night for the plug for those AUX lights and its there! Its clipped to the black closeout piece where the aux light would go, and that closeout peace appears to just be held in there by a few clips. I would assume that this is a 5 min job. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 9:37 AM, rctp10 said:

Here are the lights, the plug should be there to just add them. I've wanted to add them to my XT as well. Hopefully you can do it and let us know how it went. I'm interested in knowing what switch will turn them on or if they are always on. Good luck!

https://can-am.brp.com/off-road/us/en/shop/accessories-ssv/lights_accessories1/lights/led-signature-lights-for-defender-defender-max.html?ds_rl=1278173&gclid=CjwKCAjw_NX7BRA1EiwA2dpg0nsbHegWEEGZ-7x56XD_JDhBlTbh5BpHaNKu2AiTVU239TNwGwRbtBoC5q4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks for the PN.  I was able to find them much cheaper at partzilla.  Ordered.  Will let you know how it comes out.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

On 10/2/2020 at 7:19 AM, rctp10 said:

I checked my defender last night for the plug for those AUX lights and its there! Its clipped to the black closeout piece where the aux light would go, and that closeout peace appears to just be held in there by a few clips. I would assume that this is a 5 min job. 

So I got the accent lights.  But what I did was replace the white LEDs inside with an Amber LED instead then wired it into my directional kit.  end result is I now have the accent lights as front directional.  They are actually much brighter than they look...

Edited by Wilson911
  • Like 2