Another Noob Here from Southern Utah

Bsevans5

• Member ID:  631
  • Content Count:  12

Hey guys. Just picked up a 2019 Defender Max HD8. It came from a rental place selling off machines at the end of the season. Needs some TLC and some mods. Pretty basic. Been looking at DIY roof options as I don't have the money to spend on the nice stuff. Just wondering what other mods are recommended to get started.

• Member ID:  1
  • Content Count:  244

Welcome to the forum @Bsevans5 - Congrats on the new ride!  Roof and windshield are definitely some nice mods to add.   

• Member ID:  5
  • Content Count:  274

I just put a set of GBC Mongrel tires on my HD10 Max and they made a world of difference in the way it drives! So much smoother than the stock Bighorn tires.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  1
  • Content Count:  244

7 hours ago, Dragoon said:

I just put a set of GBC Mongrel tires on my HD10 Max and they made a world of difference in the way it drives! So much smoother than the stock Bighorn tires.

What size did you go with?  Let's see some photos!

On 9/14/2020 at 7:22 PM, modified said:

Welcome to the forum @Bsevans5 - Congrats on the new ride!  Roof and windshield are definitely some nice mods to add.   

Definitely want those. I have a half windshield that came on it. I'd like a folding one. Roof would be awesome. Out of my budget, so I'm researching DIY options now. by brother has a 2018 HD8 max. He made one out of black ABS plastic and u-bolted it on. 

On 9/21/2020 at 6:06 AM, Dragoon said:

I will need tires as some point in the near future...another cost I don't have money for, but might try to go slightly bigger than stock just to help with clearance while loading and unloading. I'm currently scraping on the back edge of the trailer. I've been researching 2" lift brackets, but some say wheel spacers are needed in the back to keep the springs from rubbing on tires when compressed. I just read today that tightening the springs on the shocks can lift a little. Not sure what the best course of action would be. 

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

WELCOME!!! You don't want to ask me about mods/ add ons...... I've gone a bit CRAZY!!! But Bear is the envy of many on the trails... Depending on your desires for your new ride, there an INFINITE amount of add ons.... But a nice set of wheels/tires makes a pretty good start.  Maybe even a short lift to accommodate say a 31"×10.5"×14" and LIGHTS!!! It's nice to SEE!!! MOST OF ALL??? BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN!!!

• Member ID:  5
  • Content Count:  274

I still need to give it a good wash, but I’m really digging the 10” wide tires all the way around!

2E36E754-75C2-4B02-A371-6E9771EB8216.jpeg

84159608-3F5B-4DAF-ABCE-626D04F9BF1E.jpeg

84D1D0DD-F026-458B-AE75-47D12EDC73BD.jpeg