2020 XTP Questions

Scootter0429

• Member ID:  464
  • Content Count:  4

Hello All

Just recently purchased a 2020 XTP, My family and i love the machine it runs awesome. My question is id like to put 30" tires on it but im not sure if it needs a clutch kit to run the bigger tires? I cant seem to find any info that would suggest that the XMR version has a clutch kit from factory like the old mavericks used to have. Also do 30 inch tires rub on a stock XTP? i assume they would clear without anything done except maybe change the spring presets. The tires i plan on putting on would be the Maxxis Bighorn 2 or the Maxxis Carnivores (leaning more towards the Carnivores). Thanks for your help

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

3 hours ago, Scootter0429 said:

Hello All

Just recently purchased a 2020 XTP, My family and i love the machine it runs awesome. My question is id like to put 30" tires on it but im not sure if it needs a clutch kit to run the bigger tires? I cant seem to find any info that would suggest that the XMR version has a clutch kit from factory like the old mavericks used to have. Also do 30 inch tires rub on a stock XTP? i assume they would clear without anything done except maybe change the spring presets. The tires i plan on putting on would be the Maxxis Bighorn 2 or the Maxxis Carnivores (leaning more towards the Carnivores). Thanks for your help

First off WELCOME to the forum!! Secondly... I have a 2019 XT cab which i put 32's on with slight rubbing on extended flares... But after adding the superatv.com HD 2" forward A arms (which I believe you already have) I have NO PROBLEMS!! So I would think a 30" would be fine. As for your clutch question? Haven't had sn issue with that yet.... but I have blown a CV now at say 1800 adjusted miles... so going with Gorilla HD axles with a LIFETIME warranty... Front right... outer CV....

And again, WELCOME to the forum!!! 

• Like 1