XL1200 Installation Help

• Member ID:  364
  • Content Count:  36

Does anyone have a Powerbass XL 1200 Soundbar installed on your Defender? I have a new one trying to install it on my 2020 HD10 XT-P with factory roof.  The HD AluminumClamps I I ordered the thin clamps but they have no Instructions on how to install. Any help would be appreciated. 

• Member ID:  315
  • Content Count:  7

I have this same soundbar and I used the L brackets to mount it to the front crossmember.   There is a hole in the role cage on the drivers side wear you can run your wire down.   At the bottom of the roll cage wear the 2 bolts are is the other hole wear it will come out.  I removed one of the bolts when I pulled the wire to make it easier and then reinstalled once I finished. 

I forgot to add that I cut and then spliced the power wires.  I didn't have to cut the auxiliary plugs off.

2 hours ago, Garret said:

I have this same soundbar and I used the L brackets to mount it to the front crossmember.   There is a hole in the role cage on the drivers side wear you can run your wire down.   At the bottom of the roll cage wear the 2 bolts are is the other hole wear it will come out.  I removed one of the bolts when I pulled the wire to make it easier and then reinstalled once I finished. 

Thank you sir. So you used the Brackets that came with the Soundbar?  Did you have to drill holes in the front cross member and if so did you use sheet medal screws or drill through and use long bolt with nut and washers to secure? 

I just measured and found the center and drilled 2 new holes.   Bolts washers and nuts for the mounting.   Hasn't moved since. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Garret said:

I just measured and found the center and drilled 2 new holes.   Bolts washers and nuts for the mounting.   Hasn't moved since. 

Thank you sir. I have the auto glass flip out windshield so I'll check to see if this will work.