Defender HD8 without power steering

terrycj

• Member ID:  355
  • Content Count:  1

I have a new 2020 Defender HD8 coming soon.  I understand the HD8 comes without power steering.  Is this going to be a problem, riding without power steering?

• Member ID:  1
  • Content Count:  244

Welcome to the forum @terrycj - Congrats on the new Defender! No - I think it's just something you get use to.

• Member ID:  214
  • Content Count:  297

Welcome to the forum terrycj!  I have a 2019 HD8 and don't have any problems maneuvering without power steering.  Not much different from driving a golf cart unless in you're in some rutty terrain.  My hunting buddy has a Polaris XP with EPS and it's certainly easier to steer but the HD8 is NOT labor intensive.  All the best to you and enjoy your new HD8!

CG

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

Welcome to the forum. Have you looked at www.superatv.com ? I have a 19 and will be getting their deluxe kit. I'll let you know how it goes. As for a plate bracket/light. While I haven't added a light to it, I will go take a picture of what I did. 

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

6 minutes ago, A hunt 2 remember said:

Welcome to the forum. Have you looked at www.superatv.com ? I have a 19 and will be getting their deluxe kit. I'll let you know how it goes. As for a plate bracket/light. While I haven't added a light to it, I will go take a picture of what I did. 

Just took a piece of sheet metal and cut a piece large enough for what I wanted plus a tab upward to mount it to the back side of the bumper with two self tapping screws... Hope this helps. As for a light? You could get a plate light from most any auto parts house and mount it..... Hold on.... revamp on sheet metal... if you add say 4" above the plate you need to show and bend it at a 90* angle 1.25" above the plate. You will end up with 1.5" +/- to mount the plate light to. 

20200309_093416.jpg

20200309_093448.jpg