Defender HD9 LED light bar front wiring access to dash

• Member ID:  2,441
  • Content Count:  3

Hi all, new here and have a 2023 defender.  I have a factory installed winch where they used the 4 spare accessory wires under the front hood.  I’m now trying to wire a front mounted LED light bar and get the switch wires back into the dash so I can connect to a rocker switch.  

Being new to any electrical work, I can’t seem to find any path/hole where I could fit the wiring.  I’ve attached a photo and you probably can see that the back wall and existing access points are already jammed.  

Has anyone drilled a hole somewhere ‘safe’ to get wires through - my drill hole would need to be about 1/3rd of an inch to fit it through? 

There is also a panel (~1inch x 2 inch) in the middle of the back section (circled in red).  It’s held on by 3 small notches.  I’m curious if anyone has taken this off and if there would be access behind it that goes under the dash?  Once the notches are cut it’s a permanent thing.  Any help would be great.  Cheers Mat

5248F964-5EE8-4091-8AEC-217A6B714008.thumb.jpeg.d1fd8a6465d887dd62978ca7740f1b10.jpeg6F1BB8AD-5F8E-4BE0-AF08-730B0F9B8742.thumb.jpeg.94c773a85c4710afacd309382c5bbd6f.jpeg

• Member ID:  2,441
  • Content Count:  3

So after reading a bunch of other posts JimmyC has already solved this problem!  Nice win Jimmy - saved me a bunch more time and maybe drilling/removing things without the need.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  338
  • Content Count:  265

On my '19 HD10, there is a spot just behind the center power cubby that you have pictured, that's where the main harness comes through the front wall.

• Like 1