HD10 Bumper Recommendations

5001craig

• Member ID:  2,268
  • Content Count:  12

Realized I need a rear bumper for our HD10.  Started looking and feel like I am more confused than before I started looking...

I want the bumper primarily for protection--rear impacts.  Secondly, I would like to have some lights in it but this is not a deal-breaker.  I don't need a receiver built into the bumper.  I don't think I want a bumper that pivots with the bed as that doesn't seem as strong to me (but maybe I'm off on this).  I also don't want to loose any range of the bed dumping. I am not interested in a rear winch.

I really like the Can-Am Defender Ranch Armor Rear Bumper but am not sure about it as it looks like it pivots with the bed.  

I see Can-Am makes the DragonFire Rear Bumper but not too keen on the looks of it.

Anyone have any recommendations on a rear bumper?  Pics???

Thanks in advance!

• Member ID:  142
  • Content Count:  29

I went with the Super ATV version. Serves for what I needed. Wanted a step up to access cargo bed and hopefully add protection if rear ended or backing into something. Whatever you decide to go with however, replace the factory plastic cargo bed mounts with the aftermarket metal ones. It’s a guarantee that in the unfortunate mishap of backing into something or behind struck from behind, they will break and off goes the cargo bed. 

IMG_2020.jpeg

IMG_3190.jpeg

IMG_3192.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply and info Vader.  You did the same thing with your rear lights I am planning on doing.

Does your bumper pivot with the bed (do all bumpers pivot with the bed?)?

• Member ID:  142
  • Content Count:  29

It does pivot with the cargo bed. Would imagine all do, to be able to open and tilt.  I did lose some of the tilting capability due to the bumper contacting the tires. 

• Like 1

• Member ID:  2,173
  • Content Count:  3

I'm running the Rock Lizard Fabrication bumper can am accessories and love the clean, minimalist look. It's super tough and has plenty of attachment points for D-rings and lights.

Edited by lemmerjj
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, lemmerjj said:

I'm running the Rock Lizard Fabrication bumper and love the clean, minimalist look. It's super tough and has plenty of attachment points for D-rings and lights.

Would like to know more about the Rock Lizard Fabrication bumper (pic?).  Not having any luck finding their website.

• Member ID:  338
  • Content Count:  265

All bumpers for Defenders mount to the bottom of the bed and tilt with it. Otherwise the bumper would have to sit really low and mount to the frame to accommodate the bed tilt.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 9:20 AM, Steelslinger said:

All bumpers for Defenders mount to the bottom of the bed and tilt with it. Otherwise the bumper would have to sit really low and mount to the frame to accommodate the bed tilt.

Thanks Steelslinger.  Which bumpers are you running?  I'm leaning towards the Ranch Armor.  

https://rancharmorutv.com/can-am-defender-front-bumper-replacement-brush-guard/

https://rancharmorutv.com/can-am-defender-ranch-armor-rear-bumper/

• Member ID:  338
  • Content Count:  265

Currently, running a Bison Bumper for the front, nothing yet for the rear. Kinda like the Rough Country design, but hate the prices on them. Being a metal fabricator myself, and knowing how some of these are made, I'm very critical of the asking prices on a ton of stuff made for these machines.

• Like 1