2020 DEFENDER DPS HD8

REDDOG

• Member ID:  212
  • Content Count:  14

Hello, New to the group. Question, what are the battery posts under the hood on the front used for? I was told for jumping and battery tender use only by the dealer as he said he has to do what the manufacturer says BUUUTTTTT  there are other uses. I hooked up the Battle Armour front bumper with LED Pods and works awesome to the posts.  I also hooked Winch to it prob a NO NO on the Winch but it never felt hot with limited use I did. Anyone have any thoughts on this? The previous model years don't have this option. Thanks for any info..

REDDOG

• Member ID:  227
  • Content Count:  1

My 2020 HD8 XT has the OEM winch connected to those battery leads up front so I think your ok there. Its a non switched power source so the power to your relay should be on a switched source so that your winch cant be activated without the key turned on.  There is another switched power source block behind the front switches (4wd, diff lock) in the middle of the dash thats great for accessories.  

• Member ID:  212
  • Content Count:  14

Hello, 

Thank you for the response. Nice to know I am not screwing things up. How do you like your 2020?