New Guy Here

5001craig

• Member ID:  2,268
  • Content Count:  12

Hey there guys and gals.  Just purchased a '24 Max Lonestar Cab.  Really liking it and looking forward to learning from this forum.

And since everyone likes a pic...

IMG_0603 (1).jpg

Edited by 5001craig
  • Like 4

• Member ID:  2,026
  • Content Count:  45

sweet lookin ride

• Like 1

• Member ID:  2,263
  • Content Count:  9

14 hours ago, 5001craig said:

Hey there guys and gals.  Just purchased a '24 Max Lonestar Cab.  Really liking it and looking forward to learning from this forum.

And since everyone likes a pic...

IMG_0603 (1).jpg

Welcome to the forums! 

Super sweet machine! The all black is REALLY nice.

• Like 1

Thanks!  Wife and I are really liking this machine.  We have a '20 Polaris Pro XP we purchased new that we drive on the trails and MI sand and that machine is amazing.  But doors (with windows), heat and A/C are blowing our minds.  On the road this thing is so smooth too but take it for what its worth as I drive a 3500.  Lol.  We took it to the grocery last night (about five miles one-way through the country) and it's just so comfortable.

I'm wanting a snow plow for the Can-Am and am researching that now.  Stopped at the Boss dealer in my area and was a little (lot?) surprised at the price but the more I think about it, the more I am leaning that way.  Presently have a Honda 5018 tractor (4wd/4 wheel steer) with a two stage blower that is absolutely awesome.  I am land-locked and live at the end of a private road that seven homes are on so the snow needs to be removed not just plowed.  I am the "caretaker" of the road (well my '52 Farmall Cub helps grade the gravel a couple times a year).  The Honda & blower has served me well but am looking forward to heat.

And a pic of my Cub.  I tried to use it with the blade out front for snow but being land-locked it was tough.  Switched to a blower and life got better.  I think the V-Blade would work too as I have a place to put the snow.

IMG_0026.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got the windows tinted and I installed the MudBusters 2020-2024 Can-Am Defender Fender Flares and Mud Guards (Max Coverage).  Received the Corbin turn signal kit and will be installing that when I get a chance.  Decided against the snow plow for this machine and will be staying with my Honda 5518 snowblower.72107422665__18FACEDE-A25C-49B3-B3F8-7617EF285177(1).thumb.jpg.feb73d9cb95c362c9e8a5b2225af0d8e.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

Edited by 5001craig
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  5
  • Content Count:  274

Congrats on acquiring a great machine and welcome to the forum! 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 11:01 AM, Dragoon said:

Congrats on acquiring a great machine and welcome to the forum! 

Thanks!

My wife and I are AMAZED at how this thing rides.  We took it on about a 10 mile trip tonight and we LOVE this thing.  We like our RZR with Dynamix as it rides great too but this thing is really something.  I installed a tablet with maps and have a turn signal kit I'm hoping to get installed this weekend. Then just some auxiliary lighting.

• Like 1

Got the Corbin full kit installed.  It's not that bad but it's not super easy either (I'm fairly mechanically inclined).  The kit I ordered had the ghost lights for turn signals and the horn as well as the instrument gauge indicator wires.  My installation was slightly more involved up front as I had already installed the Mudbuster fender flares and those needed to be removed for access.

Overall everything fit like it should have and the instructions are good with pictures for reference.  I was not familiar how to remove plugs or install wires in connectors so that took a little more time than it should've (my fault).  The kit I ordered included a new wiring harness that replaced the OEM rear harness under the bed--I was pleasantly surprised at how well that fit when snapping it in-place.  It even had the heat shielding where the OEM one did. 

I would recommend having some good panel removal tools.  I have a cheap plastic set and a good metal one and these along with a small screwdriver did everything I needed.

I struggled with removing the OEM ghost lights and the instrument gauge indicator modification to the wiring harnesses for the turn signals.  I took my time with the ghost lights and really just removed them by feel and pushing a little on the front while wiggling a flat blade screwdriver in the opening in the light to allow the light to slip by the clip. I broke one of the retainers that needed to be opened-up to remove the ghost light.  It was no big deal as that part is on the light and the new ghost lights had their own retainer and they snapped right in.  Pleasant surprise was the ghost lights light sequentially (like an Audi) when they are flashing.

I was not so successful with the turn signal indicator wiring modification for the instrument gauge.  You remove the instrument panel and after unplugging the connector on the back you partially disassemble this connector and add two wires to it.  Same with another connector with the other ends of these two wires.  When I got done one signal indicated on the dash but it was the wrong one.  The other didn't indicate at all.  I am thinking I can swap the two wires on one end and when I installed the connector I'm thinking one of the wires backed-out and isn't making the connection.  Maybe I was wanting to be done with this installation--I was not wanting to take that instrument panel connector back apart.  If this bothers me enough at some point I will work on it as it's not hard to get to the two connectors.  This instrument panel mod really isn't necessary as the turn signal switch right beside the instrument panel flashes when the signal is on and you can save the $15 or whatever the two wires cost if you don't opt for it.

• Like 1