Finally caved- bought some zbros

honda400ex2003

• Member ID:  1,660
  • Content Count:  146

I am looking forward to getting the X0 zbros shocks soon.  The S3 springs just didnt do it for what i needed, which was a smooth trail ride with my wife.  after another really rocky trail for about 40 miles this weekend, she wasnt pleased anymore.  s3 springs are great for stiffening the suspension and when the max is loaded up heavily, is perfect with them.  I only have the 2 of us and the dog in there most of the time so they are a little rough when the trail gets rocky.

cant wait to give them a test in a couple weeks!

steve

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  1,318
  • Content Count:  7

On 10/9/2023 at 10:59 AM, honda400ex2003 said:

I am looking forward to getting the X0 zbros shocks soon.  The S3 springs just didnt do it for what i needed, which was a smooth trail ride with my wife.  after another really rocky trail for about 40 miles this weekend, she wasnt pleased anymore.  s3 springs are great for stiffening the suspension and when the max is loaded up heavily, is perfect with them.  I only have the 2 of us and the dog in there most of the time so they are a little rough when the trail gets rocky.

cant wait to give them a test in a couple weeks!

steve

Any update on the new shocks?

well, i put them on last week... ended up having the springs wrong on them from zbros so i ended up with the rear shock body on the front with the front spring, same for the rear.  front body with the rear spring on the back.  i ended up putting a couple hundred miles on them this past weekend because i didnt have the tools to swap evertyhing around while on vacation.  only confirmed they were messed up Thursday night after installing them on Wednesday night before we left (received them Wednesday finally).  

needless to say, they were nice enough and should definitely get better when in the right spot with the right springs.  i think they will be worth the money spent on them.

Steve

• Member ID:  1,318
  • Content Count:  7

1 hour ago, honda400ex2003 said:

well, i put them on last week... ended up having the springs wrong on them from zbros so i ended up with the rear shock body on the front with the front spring, same for the rear.  front body with the rear spring on the back.  i ended up putting a couple hundred miles on them this past weekend because i didnt have the tools to swap evertyhing around while on vacation.  only confirmed they were messed up Thursday night after installing them on Wednesday night before we left (received them Wednesday finally).  

needless to say, they were nice enough and should definitely get better when in the right spot with the right springs.  i think they will be worth the money spent on them.

Steve

Thanks!

i spent the hour and a half messing with the springs and such this weekend.  initial drive was very nice, cant wait to get it on a trail again but will have to wait until spring most likely.  almost all of the local-ish trails are closed for the year now in WI.  i think they will definitely be worth the purchase.

now time to find something for some better seats...

steve

• Thanks 1